10

I pull Mattia out of the room. "What in Gods name are you doing in my fucking house?"

"...Pizza?" He offers.

I scoff, "Why did you come?"

"Because of pizza?" he says slowly.

"Mattia!" I yell at him.

"Wha-at?" He laughs.

I groan. He's so fucking stupid. "Never mind. I just- fuck."

"Me." Mattia finishes.

"That's not what I was gonna say!" I giggle.

"I know...but it's what you wanted to say," Mattia winks at me and I laugh again. "Do you...do you wanna leave?" He asks me.

"I can't leave Syd." I tell him.

"I bet she'll be ok with it. It'll be fun. Let's just go."

I hesitate and then walk back to my room, "I'm leaving. NO PARTIES IN MY HOUSE SYDNEY!"

She mocks my last statement and I flip her off before walking out of the room.

Mattia smiles at me and grabs my hand. Pulling me out of my house and into his car, "Let's goooooo!"

Mattia blares music and pulls out of my driveway.

He refuses to tell me where we're going.

Mattia drives for a long time before we finally stop.

"Where are we?" I ask him.

Mattia doesn't answer but he gets out of the car and opens my door. He offers me his hand, I take it.

He pulls me out into the middle of the field he drove me too.

I swear to God if he fucking murders me I'm gonna be pissed!

Mattia let's go of my hand and lays down. "What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Looking." He answers simply.

"At what?" I lay down next to him and look at him.

"The stars. My dad and I would drive out here all the time when I was little and we'd watch the stars. It was our favorite thing to do. I don't know why we don't go anymore." Mattia's voice breaks.

I roll over so I'm on my side and looking at him. "You grew up."

He looks over at me, "What do you mean?"

"Things change when you grow up. Traditions end. It's just life."

"I don't like it."

"Nobody does," I roll back over on my back, "But that's why you make the most of it while we're still young. God I sound cliche right now. What am I in, a Wattpad book?"

Mattia laughs, "That'd be funny."

I laugh too.

After we lay there for awhile we both start to get a little hungry.

Mattia drives us to the dollar store and we buy the jelly candy that's popular on tiktok.

I pop one open and squirt it at Mattia, "You're so dumb!" He yells at me.

He pops two open and squirts them on me, "Ew!" I scream.

We pop more open and either eat them or squirt them.

"We need to get these off of us." I laugh, Mattia nods and then pulls into a gas station. I go to the bathroom and get as much of the jelly as I can get out of my hair. I assume Mattia does the same.

By the time we're back in the car it's four in the morning, "We should probably go home." I yawn in the middle of the sentence.

Mattia laughs at me, "Alright."

I end up falling asleep in the car and when we get back to my house Mattia carries me in.

When I wake up Mattia isn't there and Syd isn't there either. I check my phone and see that's it's 11 am.

I quickly rub my eyes and run down the stairs. "Morning love bird." She says to me.

"I'm not a love bird." I open my pantry and grab the bread for toast.

"Oh really? You were out all night with Mattia. Was it by chance...a date?" She mocks.

"Shut up." Morning Skye is very mean.

"Ah! And she confirms it. She's a love bird everyone!" Syd yells.

"Who's a love bird?" I hear a voice behind me say.

I turn around and see Wells, "No one." I grumble.

"Your sister is. She was out all night with Mattia. He carried her in!" Sydney informs him.

Wells grumbles something and then walks back up the stairs.

"Do you ever shut up?" I ask her.

She thinks for a second, "Mmm...no. But it's alright because you looooove meeeeee."

"Oh for sure." I lace as much sarcasm as I can into the comment.

"Hurry up. I want to go shopping." Syd says before running upstairs.

Fuck.  I don't want to go shopping.

A/n

I'm back bitches.

Comment
Vote
Follow
Share

-Eve