Hades clenched his fists at his side, stepping away from her and said, “You need to leave right now, Persephone. I am not going to repeat myself. Leave before I make you.”

Persephone growled, a sound so inhuman it startled Ariel, whom had her ear pressed against the door as she tried to make out what was happening. She slapped her hand across his face, leaving behind red fingerprints and she began to curse him out in Greek.

“You püssy-sucking bĭtch!” Ariel hissed, slamming the door behind her as she glared daggers at the intoxicated goddess. She looked up at Hades who tried to pull her behind him and pushed his hands away, “How dare you come into his house like a drunk idiot demanding that I leave?!”

“This is my house!”

“Your house my ass!” The infuriated young woman snorted, “It stopped being ‘yours’ the day you left him. The day you cheated on Hades was the day that you dropped everything he gave you. So do me a favour and get the hell out before I force-feed you the shit you’ve been saying.”

Persephone turned to Hades, whom was looking down at Ariel with an amused look on his face and said, “You’re just going to let her speak to me that way?!”

“I do not own Ariel,” he shrugged, “she speaks however she wants.”

The goddess threw the bottle down the hall, her brown eyes shimmering with hatred as she hissed, “She is your whöre, you should control her!”

Hades rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest and said, “Ariel isn’t a whöre and she isn’t mine either. She does whatever she pleases.”

Ariel blinked slowly, not liking the strange feeling that began building inside her. She didn’t know if she liked that Hades said she wasn’t his or if she wanted him to claim his stake on her.

“Fine,” Persephone wiped the back of her hand against her mouth and said, “if you don’t control her; I will.”

She laughed, throwing her head back and crossed her arms over her chest. “What could you possibly do to me? You’re the goddess of spring growth. Are you going to turn me into a flower? Oh my,” her voice gained a slight Southern accent, “I just about tremble with fear.”

The goddess growled, her eyes glowing maliciously as she clenched her fists at her sides and hissed, “You do not know what you’re getting yourself into, mongrel. I can have any god I want, torture you. I am above you. Just because you can kill people with your hands, doesn’t mean that I am afraid of you.”

Ariel smirked, placing most of her weight on her right foot and said, “And just because you make flowers grow, doesn’t mean I am afraid of you.”

She let out an enraged cry, slapping Ariel across the cheek with such force that she fell to her knees. Hades stepped forward to help her up, but she pushed him away and growled out a sound that was foreign to even herself.

Persephone blinked once, a slight flash of fear appearing in her eyes as Ariel glared at her with glowing green eyes. Her voice didn’t belong to her; it was a legion of sinister voices that brought chills to the drunken goddess. “I am going to fücking murder you!”

Ariel lunged at her, wanting to wrap her fingers around her neck and leave her completely breathless, but arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her back.

“Ariel, stop!” Hades ordered, “That’s enough!”

She growled at him, pushing his hands away and stood up. The anger she felt was even stronger than when the Goddess had interrupted them. The hatred shredding the bits of humanity she was fighting off was overcoming anything she could have possibly felt before. “Fück you.”