𝟎𝟎𝟕. 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

Start from the beginning

______

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇, her hair, her eyes - I could go on and on about what I missed about her. But after messing around whilst rehearsing for the dance, we both ended up sitting on the floor. Our legs were stretched out as we faced each other, our shoes were touching the other' and we were just sitting in a comfortable silence. Okay Josh, the suspense is still killing you and you don't know what she wants now - just ask her.

All the reasons not to do this come flooding in, as if my body chemistry just sent them a mass invitation. I felt a soft panic that could grow or fade depending on what I did next. It would fade if I backed away and just let us stay in this moment, but then I have to do this all again another time. Knowing this, I felt the panic grow as took in a deep breath - but she spoke first.

Chloe's POV

"So, uh, I don't know if this has been on your mind - could just be me freaking out and maybe you don't even need to talk about this but -"

"Chloe, it's okay relax. You're right...we need to talk because...you know what I can't go on like nothing happened until I know what I did wrong in our - yeah, sorry to be straightforward" Josh trailed off. The mood was officially killed. I already felt myself start to well up from how Josh recoiled and crossed his legs, again not looking at me.

"No it's okay but Josh I promise, you didn't do anything. It was all me" I began, I didn't even know how to phrase my words. And it was clear that my wording choices backfired as I sensed Josh getting more agitated.

"Oh, wow the 'it's not you it's me excuse', great...so high school of you" he mumbled. My postured had sunken and I crossed my legs.

"Joshua come on - "

"I mean am I wrong...did...did you cheat on me or something Chloe? You just - I deserve to be told the truth." His voice faltered by the end, his body language had become so closed off in the last minute that I was so afraid to say anything wrong. Even though the effort was there, I didn't know how to articulate my feelings.

"No no Josh I could never - would never do that. You were everything to me, you were perfect" I added, in an attempt to make him feel better. However I gathered that those words again, were probably wrong, as he seemed more agitated than ever.

He scoffed before his voice got deeper, "Are you kidding me right now? 'I was everything to you' - your Joey and then you broke my h- no you're right we don't need to talk about this right now" he said quickly before trying to get up. However I grabbed onto his arm to steady him.

"Josh wait, please! If we don't talk now when will we?" I pleaded. He stayed still before sighing heavily and he sat back down.

"So that's it then? I told you how I felt our high school dance, you said it back and then months later you end things and head off to Australia for your senior year. And yet you said you loved me, awesome" Josh spat with sarcasm.

"Look I know it doesn't make any sense, but at the time I thought I was doing the right thing for both of us..." I said softly, I was getting around to my point, however Josh wasn't done.

"Okay but we were, in love I just - who does that who breaks up with someone if they love them?" Josh pleaded, his voice got louder almost as if he was asking some imaginary audience.

"Yeah well Ricky Bowen did it, can you maybe relate?" I mumbled whilst looking down. This certainly wasn't the time or place for any sarcastic comments, Josh simply scoffed as his brows furrowed.

"You cannot be serious, are you saying you're the Ricky in our relationship?" he asked loudly and I didn't respond. There was nothing else to say except to be completely transparent with him.

Frankie's POV

Okay so I was maybe eavesdropping on them, for about five seconds before Jules and Dee joined me. I knew it was bad as they were having an argument but I barely meant to, I just heard that they were in love as I passed the studio and the next thing I knew, my ear was against the door. I couldn't be deprived of the tea if neither of them was going to serve it to me.

"Frankie what are you doing?" Julia asked sternly and I ferociously gestured for her to keep her voice down.

"It's Chloe and...Joey" I said with a light giggle. Dee 'hmphed' in confusion.

"Has he been using a fake name with us or what?" she asked flatly and Julia laughed with me.

"No guys they go waaay back, that's her nickname for him" I said, still facing the door as I heard the girls wail in 'Awws' for that.

Julia held onto my shoulder, "Okay but you shouldn't be listening anymore, they're fighting - "

"You cannot be serious, are you saying you're the Ricky in our relationship?" we heard Josh yell from the other side.

"Now that's interesting..." Dee said after gasping slightly. Oh my god what did that mean? Julia's hands were delicately placed on her mouth, as I turned around to them, my mouth wide open.

"Okay guys its official, we're going along with my plan, I already know Chloe loves vinyls so we're set with that. But this just confirmed that we need this ship to sail" I decreed and Dara smiled widely, she was so on-board.

"Or we don't meddle, besides...what about Olivia" Julia pointed out, and our smiles faltered.

"Damn I know right, but anyway my plan is barely meddling, we've just gotta ask Josh for the place and we're all good. You heard them in there, these guys need a little help to make their love last" I said dramatically and Jules laughed whilst rolling her eyes.

"Okay but let's head and let the others know since it's happening real soon." Dee stated. Julia and I nodded before walking away from the lovebirds.

Okay my plan was barely a plan, but after hearing the shit that went down through rumours I felt like I wanted to meddle. But for good reasons! These two losers in love needed some help.

・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

-- notes --

Hiyaaaa, well guys we're finally getting into why they broke up almost a year ago. We now have angry boy bassett 🥴

And we've got a new POV in the mix y'all. I'm just obsessed with Frankie so this is me trying to include him for my personal enjoyment

if you didn't hate the chapter plz vote i'd just be grateful eheh

Ttfn, ta ta for now xx