The shutters were now closed, giving the Shelby's the privacy they needed. Thailiana felt bored out of her mind, they'd been in there for over fives minutes and she occupied herself by looking through the paper. Nothing interesting was happening, only news from the football games.

She was distracted by Finn Shelby who rushed into the pub, pushing the door of the snug open and screaming words that Thailiana definitely hadn't expected.

"Tommy, we've been done over!"

The brunette watched in confusion as the family hurried out, wondering what had happened. She shook her head and went back to reading the newspaper as she mindlessly flicked through the thin pages. Their business had nothing to do with her, but she knew she'd end up asking Thomas about it the next time they were alone.

-

He came back much later in the day, the bar was busier than it had been and Thailiana finally had something to do. But as she'd been working all day, she let herself have a break. Grace was also there to help and she always let her colleague do most of the work anyways, so Thailiana decided it was the blonde's turn to do it.

She opened the door to the snug, gently shutting it behind her and walking over to sit on the green leather sofa beside Tommy's chair. He sat, smoking a cigarette, with a bottle of whiskey and a single glass next to it. He pushed the half empty glass towards the brunette and she gladly finished it.

"Are you alright, Tommy?"

"I've been better."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Thailiana inquired, placing her crossed arms on the table as she leaned closer to him. The man refrained from looking at her cleavage, that was now exposed to him through the soft pink blouse she was wearing, the first button was undone and allowed it to show her skin. He couldn't help his thoughts about her body, though, he hadn't done anything with a woman since the pretty barmaid came into his life and he was feeling the effects of it.

"Finn almost died today, because of me." Thomas replied, taking a drag from his cigarette that seemed to be permanently stitched to his hand. "The Lees were angry, from the races, and wanted to have their revenge. It was meant for me."

"And neither of you died, why aren't you happy?"

Polly Gray walked in before he could answer, glancing between the two before giving Thailiana a look. She nodded at the woman before standing from her seat, placing her hand on Tommy's shoulder as she passed behind him. He put his own on hers before they both removed them, it was the brunette's way of telling him that they'd speak later and he understood. They seemed to often have silent conversations together, actions spoke instead.

Thailiana went back to work, her mind focused on the Shelby man and the warmth on her hand still hadn't faded.

"So, how were the races?"

"They were..." The brunette failed to find a word to describe her day with Thomas, and decided to go with the one who described it best without giving too many details. "Interesting."

"What did you get up to?" Grace seemed too curious about their time together and it left her colleague suspicious.

Oh, I almost got sexually assaulted by a disgusting, perverted man and I think I may care too much about Thomas Shelby now but other than that not much.