“Why did you want it?” Harry asked and suddenly started to glue the pieces together. “Wait a minute, d-did you by any chance steal it to open the passageway to Hogsmeade?”

“I didn’t steal it! I only meant to borrow it for a few hours.” She said and frowned. “I know this looks bad but—“

“Was it for Malfoy?” Ron suddenly spat at her with a deadly glare.

Blue met Brown.

“What?” Hermione asked as she stared at Ron with shock, feeling the blood drain out of her body. “Wh, why would it be for Malfoy?”

“Don’t lie to us, Hermione. Did that slimy git ask you to help him sneak into Hogsmeade? Did he threaten you?”

Hermione slightly scoffed and shook her head. “Merlin . . .” She sighed out and licked her dry lips. “He has nothing to do with it. And besides, I can take care of myself. I don’t let him do anything to me.” She told him and gulped.

“You’re right. Of course he wouldn’t do anything to you.” He commented with venom as if he was implying something.

“What is that supposed to mean?” She snapped at Ron, completely ignoring the fact that Harry was still there.

“You’ve changed a lot ever since I started dating Lavender, you know that? You started to act cold to me and her. Ever since we started dating, you changed and you drifted away from us. Are you best friends with Malfoy now? Is that why you two are close nowadays?” He snapped at her as he clenched his fists.

“You can’t bring that up now.” She said as she let out a shaky breath. “You have the audacity to start pointing fingers at me for ruining our friendship? It wasn’t me, Ron! It was clearly you because you started dating Lavender! The only thing you said to me was about Lavender, Lavender, Lavender, Lavender! You only cared about Lavender.” She said weakly as she stared at him, breathing heavily. “What? Is Lavender not enough? Do you need more attention? Do you need me to give you attention?” She asked him as she scoffed. “Are you jealous that I’m paying more attention to Malfoy instead of you? You’re right, Ron. He’s my new friend. I replaced you with him because he’s a far better friend than you.” She stated and drew in a shaky breath as she felt tears form in her eyes.

“You think I’m jealous of Malfoy?” Ron spat at her with bewilderment. “No, I’m not the jealous one! You’re jealous of Lavender, aren’t you?! You wanted me to choose you over Lavender, right?!” Ron retorted back angrily as he yelled at her, pointing a finger in her direction.

Hermione clenched her jaw as she fought back tears. She felt her past feelings for him rush through her body and felt the same piercing in her heart she felt when she found out he was dating Lavender again. She gritted her teeth and exhaled deeply. She kept her wet, teary eyes on the person she once loved and felt disgusted. “It’ll always be Lavender . . .” She mumbled under her breath. “It’ll never be me.” She stated quietly as she shook her head. “Well, if Lavender is so important to you, I’d appreciate it if you left me alone. I’ll do whatever I want with Malfoy and you do whatever you want with Lavender. Stay out of my business because I’ve been staying out of yours.” She told him with bitter, wet eyes.