I still frowned.

"And I know you're frowning, young lady. Cut it out."

"You've been gone for four days," I mumbled, sitting down and picking at a string in my shirt. "I just miss you."

Kade sighed. "I miss you, too, Em. I'll be back by tomorrow morning, okay? I promise you that." He paused. "Has Jake been a dick?"

I chuckled. "He's always a dick, Kade. No, Jake's been fun these last few days. He took me out clubbing two nights ago and, long story short, I was his lesbian sister for a few hours after he got sick of threatening guys."

Kade laughed. "Sounds like him. You had fun, though, right?"

"Definitely." I smiled. "I mean, I ended up driving without him with me because he went to some stripper's place after. I just watched Disney movies."

He hummed quietly. "We'll have to go out my first night back. Have a few drinks together, you know?"

"Yeah," I agreed, chewing on my lip.

Something that I adored in my relationship with Kade was the trust we had for each other. He trusted me when he wasn't around and I trusted him when he was away on his meetings, whereas it wasn't the same in my last relationship. I know that Kade would never be unfaithful and he proved that in several ways throughout the weeks we've been together since he first came back from his MIA status.

"I've got to go," Kade told me, "the meeting's about to start again. I'll call you when I'm on my way home, alright?"

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me but Kade probably understood my silence anyway. "I'll see you soon, baby."

"Bye," I mumbled and a few seconds later, the line went dead. I sighed and turned my phone off, walking back into the bedroom. Jake looked up and grinned childishly, making my frown soon disappear from his contagious smile.

"Come on, I ordered Chinese," he told me, turning the Play Station he brought on my television, handing me a remote. "Play me. Loser gets a hundred."

I snorted, sitting on his butt as he laid stomach-first on the bed. "You're gonna wish you never wished that, Jake Quincy."

***

Five hours later, I woke up to a sore stomach and the dark bedroom which was cleaned from Chinese food and countless bills that we kept handing each other. I remembered Jake tucking me into bed like I was his little sister, giving me a kiss on the forehead before leaving me to sleep.

I missed his dumb-ass already.

Just as I was getting ready to sit up and turn on the television, the door creaked open. I sat up just as the light turned on, revealing Kade walking in the room. He wore a light blue button-up shirt that matched his bright sapphire eyes, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. A dark grey neck tie hung loose around his neck and his hair was messy and unkempt, giving off the impression that he was tired.

When our eyes met and he smiled that beautiful, perfect smile that I loved to stare at so much, my breath caught in my throat and I bit my lip.

"Hey, beautiful," he said, putting his jacket on the bed before giving me a heart-stopping kiss. He ran a hand through my hair slowly and pulled away, kissing my forehead. "What are you doing up? It's almost midnight."