She jumped at the sound of someone knocking on her window, her heart pounded as she was grabbed from her thoughts. Mia glanced up at her window to see Roman, with a soft look on his face, she rolled down her window.

            "What is your name?"

            "It's Amelia but you can call me Mia."

            Roman didn't speak again, only gave her a slight nod before turning back around and making his way towards his front door. Mia took a deep breath before starting her car up and pulling away.

&

           "Someone doesn't look too happy," Ben joked as Mia and Xiao entered the empty diner.

            It was around seven thirty in the evening and the two girls had just finished their shifts at the Grill. Mia didn't respond but Xiao rolled her eyes removing her jacket and hanging it up on the coat rack, Mia following after. The two took their usual spots on the maroon bar stools, both relieved a sigh,

        "Well, nothing seems to be going right." Mia began, turning around in her stool slowly, "First, my mother won't stop calling me to plan a visit. I'm almost convinced its harassment. And second, these early shifts at the Grill are tiring me out, who knew so many people drank coffee? And last, I hit Roman last night with my truck and have to get it fixed." she rambled on absentmindedly.

        "What did you just say?" Ben asked, sitting up straighter.

        "What that I hit Roman? Yeah it was a misunderstanding, no problem. He told me he'd fix it if I brought the car around his place. I'm thinking of going tomorrow since I've got the day off."

        "Mia! Are you delusional? I thought we already had this conversation the other day. Stay away from him!"

        "Tom-" Xiao interjected only to be stopped.

        "No! He's psychotic, he's killed people Mia."

        "Well, it hasn't been proven yet-" Xiao mumbled, yet interrupted again.

        "Shut up Xiao!" Ben growled.