I love you

- Takano's apartment -

{ Onodera's POV }

What am I doing... I can't keep up with these mixed signals. Mu heart and mind are in a constant debate! Do I love him or hate him?... I need an answer, I need-

"Onodera, are you even listening?"

Takano's words brought me back to reality, I can't believe I left my guard down so easily. "Oh, sorry. Beg your pardon?" I replied, he sighed. "I said, change the orders of the panels in page 13" he brought the page closer to me, "the reader will have a hard time without this change."  I reached down to my bag and grabbed a red pen and proceed to correct the manga.

While I worked, Takano kept staring at me... to be honest, I'm quite used to it but this time it was only the two of us and things could get intense in the matter of seconds. "Is something the matter?" I asked, changing his glance from my body to my eyes. "Not really, I was simply thinking about you... how you've changed after all this time, yet you're still the same" he confessed. I looked away and blushed. Remembering my high school days is still an embarrassing thing, I was young and full of emotions, specially love. "Back then, you confessed your love so easily and now even looking at you is a sin", he continued. "Easily my ass! I only confessed because I couldn't control my feelings at the time!", I argued.

He slowly scooted closer to me "But you meant every word you said. And now, I can't even get a 'thank you' whenever I help you out", he complained. I frowned, "I was young and naive! I never really- h-hey!!! What are you doing!!" I was interrupted by Takano's arms embracing my body. "I love you" he said, making my cheeks and heart fire up. He leaded his head on to shoulder, "I love you, Ritsu" he kept saying. "Please Takano, sto-" "Ritsu, be honest to me... do you love me? Please answer me..." he pleaded.

My heart kept skipping some beats, my face was flustered and all I could think of was him. Could this be the day I finally have an answer? I questioned myself.

You know what, fuck it. I closed my eyes and hugged him back, "...yeah" I silently replied. He immediately kissed my cheek and looked at me in the eyes, "finally" he smiled. We continue working on the manga until the clock ticked at 2 am.

We stood up and headed to Takano's bedroom. Where I, embarrassingly, cuddled with him since we're too tired to do anything. Something about his embrace made me feel safe and loved. I couldn't help myself and tear up a bit. "Don't cry, I'm here with you", Takano cooed. "Thank you...

I love you, Masamune"

————————
Hope you enjoyed the story!
💖