THE SUSPENSE UNVEILED - Part 02

Sonakshi : Kya hua ? .... laughs with her infectious laughter .... main paagal hoon naa?

Rohit sits up immediately facing her , finding to confidence to speak  or at least decides to start with a conversation.

Rohit : Sona......Main.......

Sonakshi : Kya hua ..... touching his cheek ......Tum thik ho ?

Rohit  moves his hand over hers on his cheek and slowly brings it down as he holds it between both his hands ....... looking down

Mujhe kuch bolna hai ....... par tum mujhe galat toh nahi samjogi naa? 

Sonakshi : Dekho idhar ........ tum kuch bolne se pehle mujhe kuch bolna hai.

Rohit looks at her feeling confused. 

Maine reactive hoke bahut badi galati ki hai. Mujhe pooja ko rani se milaane se pehle ek baar tumse baat kar leni chaahiye thi  . . . . I am guilty of this . . Maine bhi toh tumse kiya hua vaada nahi nibhaya . .  She thinks in silence for a moment and looks up at Rohit 

Aur tumne mujhe kahi to iske liya maanf bhi kar diya because you love me . . Main bhi tumse bahut pyaar karti hoon Rohit . . Tumhe bhi mujhpe yahi confidence hona chaaiye . .  

Jo bhi baat hai , tumhe mere saath khulke baat karne ki azaadi feel honi chaahiye . Hum sabse pehle do acche dost hai . . remember ? 

As she looks up at him , she gives him a stern look .....

Aur ye mat sochna . . Ki dosti main tum kuch bhi karke asaani se choot jaaoge !! ......looks at him laughing . . . kuch galat kiya hai toh acchi si class lungi . . Maybe thode din zameen pe bhi soolaoongi ....

He looks at her with the most innocent expression . . an expression that melted her heart every single time. You know I love you naa ?

Rohit nods . She had finally given him courage enough to speak . 

Rohit  : Promise me that you will listen to the whole bit . . Sonakshi nods and tightens the hold on his hand in assurance.  Rani pooja ki real mom nahi hai !!

As Rohit pauses to look fearfully at her expression , he feels her hold on his hand loosening . He immediately holds her hand back with both his hands .

Sona looks back at Rohit in utter shock as she tries hard to assimilate what he just said. There was absolute silence and a confused look in her gaze .

Woh . . . . Hum pooji ko kabhi nahi bata sakte ki uske asli parents kaun hai . Its complicated. 

There was a silence of a few seconds between them .

Ye Nishi Bua ka plan tha that you meet Rani on the sets and bring her home as Poojis mom . Maine iss sab ke liye mana kiya tha ...... his heartbeats were creating havoc and hers seemed to have just stopped ....... Sona .......there was no response. Her  gaze was stuck . . her hands were still ....... SONA .. he said a lill louder this time . He was already getting the sinking feeling of loosing her . He was nervous and almost panicking seeing her.

SONAAAAA .....One last time and she responsed with a huuuuuh 

He leaves her hands and clasps her face with both his hands ......Suno mera .....You are with me right ? .... she gives him a blank expression .

She had anger in her eyes ' Itne waqt se tumhe ye sab pata tha ?'

Rohit : Nahiiii ..... Mera yakeen karo . Mujhe abhi pata chalaa ki Nishi bua ne ye sab plan kiya tha aur ye bhi ki tum Rani ko apne saath ghar le aaoge. I had told her not to get you involved in all this .

Sonakshi : Par tumhe ye toh pata tha ki Rani Pooja ki mom nahi hai .... Toh tumne mujhe ye kyu nahi bataaya ..... looks at him angrily ......KYU ROHIT ?

Rohit : Main tumhe iss sab mess se door rakna chaahata tha. Thats why I had asked you to promise me that you will never go to help her find out about her parents . Par Nishi Bua ......Damn ......... Jab uss din tum Rani ko ghar leke aayi thi , tab bhi mujhe ye nahi pata tha ki Nishi bua was responsible for all this .........SONA........Please yakeen karo ..... 

Sonakshi : Rohit ..... Tumhe ye toh pata tha naa ki Rani Pooja ki mom nahi hai !! .....PATA THA NA ?...... Rohit lowers his head ......Us din sabne mujhe itni galat nazar se dekha ....Nishi bua ne itna sunaaya .....Par tumhe tab bhi nahi laga ki u need to tell me the truth .

Rohit was literally in tears by this time ....Please Sona ....I didnt mean for this to happen the way it did. 

Sonakshi looks at him intensely knowing very well that he was caught between 2 worlds .... theirs and the world of his family . She had seen him gasp for breath . She knew what she meant to him .She just realized that Nishi Bua had played something very wrong and everybody had unknowingly gotten pulled into this mess . . especially she and Rohit . 

Sonakshi : You dont trust me enough , right ? ...... after a small pause .... And I always trusted you with my whole heart . Are these the promises we made to each other ?

Saying this she leaves the room with tears in her eyes . Rohit falls back on the bed having lost all hope clasping his head with both his hands .

Their world had just shattered .