Part 2 - Close , yet so far

Start from the beginning

With this thought she moved towards the bus along with her group.The group was in the bus which was hired by the college department.They were travelling towards the cottage where they were going to stay.Naina's batchmates were playing antakshari and when someone sang "Aate jaate" she could only remember his voice. The song he had sung when he was in school to meet munna pandit before his admissions.

After a long time , she got to know that the boy in black tshirt was sameer and immediately she could relate the situation with the same butterfly feeling.

Before even seeing him for the first time , she could sense his presence. For the first time in the shopping market when a guy had accidentally spilled his chewing gum on her long beautiful hair. It was just before this bad moment, when she had collided with a guy in a red tshirt.

Just in the middle of the road , she was as usual in her own world walking and chatting with preeti when suddenly she collided with him , she couldnt see him though she tried to turn and check but he was gone but that same happening feeling started since that day.

After that when she was in the market with preeti , just before her dupatta got torn , she actually felt him walking past her . She did try to see but couldnt.

And after that it was in the school canteen when she had sensed his presence but couldnt see his face as she had been called by lochan sir for the drama briefing.

After she returned she could hear his voice but her misfortune did last as she couldnt see him yet again. When she returned to grab her lunch box which she had forgotten , she again collided with him and it took her a few seconds to understand that special feeling.

When they actually met for the first time , in the school corridor they had collided badly but still it was a distant collision. In that moment she understood that it was sameer , it was him always .

She smiled as she closed her eyes facing towards the window to feel the cold breeze of this hill station.

"Aaj bhi hawa ka rukh tez hai, aaj bhi wahi jhoke hai par aaj uske paas hone ka ek ehsaas bhi hai jo bauhat khaas hai "

The bus conductor started the radio as the game of Antakshari ended. A familiar song of Asha parekh ji from the movie "Do badan " fell upon her ears and she could do nothing but just relate the lyrics with her own situation.

Song name- "Jab Chali Thandi hawa"

Jab chali thandi hawa, jab uthhi kaali ghata Mujhako ai jaan-e-wafa tum yaad ae

Jindagi ki daastaan, chaahe kitani ho hasin Bin tumhaare kuchh nahin

Kya maja ata sanam, aj bhule se kahi Tum bhi a jaate yahi Ye bahaaren ye fiza, dekhakar o dilaruba Jaane kya dil ko hua, tum yaad aye

Ye najaare ye sama aur fir itane jawaan Haae re ye mastiyaan Aisa lagata hai mujhe jaise tum najadik ho Is chaman se jaan-e-jaan

Sun ke pi pi ki sada, dil dhadkata hai mera Aj pahale se siwa, tum yaad aye.

"Tum to mujhe har pal yaad aaye ho sameer ....bas ab mai tumhe dekh paau...maafi maang paau...aur koi tammanna nahi meri siwaye tumhare pass hone ke "

She murmured and again closed her eyes and she could see his hair, face , his smiles, his anger filled eyes, his husky voice . Everything came infront of her eyes like a good movie .

She was enjoying the peace , the breeze with closed eyes when suddenly her eyes opened instantly .

"Was he here?"

She thought as she could feel him again

Like a lost puppy she blinked her eyes and looked outside on the road . Her eyes travelled here and there desperate to see him but to her misfortune there was no one .