CHAPTER 1 [REWRITE]

Start bij het begin

He approached her position slowly and she kept a watchful eye on him. He eventually stepped into the woods where she hid, and followed the path that she had walked down not so long ago. She followed him silently, hopping from tree to tree.

His hand rested on his blaster. If she made one wrong move his first instinct would be to shoot. She had to make her move soon though, because they were nearing her home. She dropped to the ground behind him with her lightsabers drawn, and deflected the blaster bolt she knew would be sent her way. She could practically see his shocked expression under the helmet.

He put his hands in the air. "Hey... easy—"

She flung him into a tree and he hit the soft ground with light thud. She circled closer to him. "I assume you're here for me." He didn't answer, which is the only answer she needed. "You're an idiot, get outta here." The instant she retracted her lightsabers he fired another shot at her. That time she caught it with the force and deflected it at a tree. "I'm telling you, it's useless. I'm giving you a chance to make it out of here alive, take it."

"Hey, how do you even know I'm here for you?"

"Well—" He used her split second of distraction to shoot a cable out that wrapped around her legs, and he jumped to his feet while simultaneously pulling her to the ground. She groaned in frustration. "That was quick, very quick, very smart." She shot a stream of lightning at him, knocking him back to the ground. "But you're still an idiot." His armor short circuited and sparked from the surge of energy and she was pretty sure she knocked him out cold. She really wasn't out to get in fights. All she cared about was her solitude, and the Mandalorian's arrival was a sign of that solitude ending.

She nudged his head with her foot. He was definitely going to be knocked out for a while. She was inclined to move him back to his ship, maybe that way he'd be more eager to just leave. She had grown tired of all the death that followed everywhere she went. She picked him up and held him over her shoulder, using the force to lighten the load. The closer she got to the ship, the stronger the force presence felt. She needed to investigate when she got there.

Eventually she reached the ship and set him down on the floor. The energy surrounding her was almost overwhelming. She began to open every compartment on the ship. Eventually she came upon a small green creature that looked up at her with big brown eyes. It was obviously only a child. She knew she'd seen the species before, it was that of the famed Master Yoda, but she couldn't remember what it was for the life of her. She picked him up and he gurgled and smiled at her.

She smiled softly at him. "What are you up to kiddo? Did this mean bounty hunter kidnap you? Huh?"

She decided to stay until the Mandalorian woke up. She had a few burning questions to ask him about the child.

The child giggled as she levitated him with her hands when the Mandalorian finally awoke.

"What's going on?" he gasped and sat up with a jolt.

"Don't worry," she sighed, "I promise I didn't take your helmet off while you were out cold. Cute kid by the way, looks just like you."

"Hey!" he said. "Let him go!"

She let the child fall into her arms, and pushed the bounty hunter back down with her hand as he tried to get up. "Relax, he's fine. My hands are certainly more capable of caring for an individual of such power than yours."

"Power?"

"Yanno, the force, like me?"

"I actually don't know."

"You're better off that way, truthfully. What are you doing with him?"

"He has a bounty."

"He's a child."