Prologue

Third Person's POV

"Lucas, daddy will leave, be good, okay."

"Promise, Daddy, I love you."

"I love you too, Lucas!" his daddy kissed him on the forehead.

"Daddy, where are you going?"

"Uhm... Daddy will ride a plane and will go there." His daddy pointed at the clear blue sky.

"You're gonna fly?" His daddy nodded "Can I go with you?"

"You can't, Lucas."

"Why?" The little boy is curious. As a child, he also had a dream to fly like those superheroes in cartoons.

"Because Daddy is going on a mission."

"What mission, daddy." The little boy is confused. First, his dad will fly, and then he is going on a mission. He has no idea what are those.

"Daddy will protect our country so that Lucas will live happily."

"Lucas and Daddy and Grandpa and Grandma will live happy!" the little boy jumps in joy.

"Lucas takes this," his daddy gave him a black and white photograph.

"Who is she?"

"She's mommy."

"Yes!" Lucas chuckled again, "She's pretty, daddy!"

"She's beautiful."

"Okay, listen, little boy, mommy lives in South Korea."

"Korea! Kpop! BLACKPINK!"

"You're right. Mommy lives there."

"When are we going to go there?"

"Daddy is not going there with you, only grandpa and grandma."

"Why? Mommy will be sad."

"No, mommy will be happy because she will see Lucas."

"How about you?"

"Daddy has a mission to finish." The little boy frowned.

"Don't do that, Lucas, you will get ugly." His daddy touches the frown on his brows and then pinches his chubby cheeks. That made the both of them laugh.

"Okay, daddy will go. I promise I will be back soon."

"Bye, Daddy!"

"Don't say bye, little boy, see you later."

"See you later, daddy, take care, I love you!" For the last time his dad gave him a wide smile.

The little boy on the tarmac watches his dad wave at him as he ascends on the military jet. He has no idea that it will be the last time he will see his daddy.

---

[News: Royal Thai Air Force Sukhoi Superjet 100-95LR bombed in Pakistan]

[News: Sukhoi Superjet 100-95LR bombed, 66 casualties, 3 missings]

[News: No survivor, Sukhoi Superjet bombing in Pakistan]

---

His grandpa and grandma were crying when Lucas saw them in the living room watching the news.

"That was the airplane, where daddy rode." The little boy said as he recognized the military jet on the television.

"Yes, dear." His grandma gave him a painful smile.

"Grandma, when will Daddy come back?" He innocently asked his grandparents. The little boy misses his daddy because he has not come back till now.

"Lucas, we're sorry because your daddy will not be able to go home anymore."

"But, daddy promised me that he would be back soon."

"Lisa will not go home anymore because she's dead!" His grandfather directly said at him.

"Marco! Lucas is a child!" His grandmother called out her husband.

It takes a while for the little boy to understand what his grandfather said. He was not introduced to such a word, but due to his high intelligence, he immediately comprehends the meaning.

"No! Daddy is not dead! Both of you are lying!" He yells at his grandparents.

"I'm sorry Lucas he's dead, your daddy is dead, our daughter is dead."

"No! She's not!" The little boy cried out.

"Listen to us, Lucas!"

"No!" the little boy runs to his room. Inside his room, he started crying while hugging a teddy bear stuffed toy that Lisa gave him.

[Published]: 191227