IT'S LATE. Florence can't sleep, she hardly ever can. The ship is fully alive, if she listens closely she can hear troopers walking outside her bedroom door, just passing by on their way somewhere. She can hear voices speaking, things moving. There's too much noise. She thinks about Rey, again. If she truly concentrates, she can feel her presence in the force. Far away, she is. Most likely, hopefully, she found Skywalker.

Twisting and turning in her bed, she lets out a huff of annoyance. She wants to sleep, she just can't. It's too hot or too cold, too noisy or too quiet. Annoyed, she pulls her duvet over her head, squeezing her eyes shut. A knock on her door brings her out of her strange state of half asleep, half awake and she stands up, walking over to the door with slow and uncertain steps.

She opens her door to reveal Ben, looking at her with admiration and terror alike. She finds herself at a loss of words, heart pounding out of her chest as he towers over her. She can feel his breath against her skin. His eyes are filled with uncertainty, as if he's trying to make a decision but can't quite make up his mind. Instead, he just looks at her, admiring her beauty for a moment.

Florence opens her mouth to say something, but stops herself. Instead, she takes a step forwards and does the one thing she's truly terrified of doing. She kisses him, with so much urgency, as if she's scared she'll never get the change again. She allows him to step inside, keeping their lips connected as she cups his face with her cold and slender fingers.

Her fingers roam his body as they kiss, unbuckling the belt around his waist. She pulls back from the kiss only as she's met with his scarred chest. Ben looks down at the scars as well, looking as he wants say something; he looks scared. Florence cuts him off, instead she kisses him softly, not wanting to hear it. She doesn't need any excuses.

[...]

Head placed on his chest, Florence listens to Ben's heartbeat as it slowly decreases. She can't remember the last time she felt this calm, this at peace with herself and the world around her. Maybe this is true happiness. It's been so long since she felt it, she can't quite recall if this is what it feels like — but she's ecstatic. Overjoyed that she now knows for sure that the sense of joy she's been chasing since her parents passed isn't gone forever. Perhaps she's even more joyous that it's so easy for her to find that place if Ben is the one responsible for it.

"You are so beautiful." He says quietly, voice low and raspy. Florence looks up at him, cheeks heating. He means it though, he's never seen her with her hair out, draping over her shoulders. But she looks beautiful like that, she always looks beautiful.

"Oh shut up." She chuckles, nuzzling into his chest to hide her red face. She wishes every day could be like this. She's so happy, much happier than she's been in a long time. But she knows that outside the door, a war is waiting.

Ben runs his hand through her hair, silently thinking about how he's going to try and hide this from Snoke. His master is smart, this won't go unnoticed. But he wants this, more than anything, so he's just going to have to figure out a way to protect what they have.

They both know this relationship will lead to pain, but they're both also ready to pay the price, to do what they have to. It's a risk they're willing to take.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
[ words 1692 ]

Short chapter but anywayyys this is cute.

Decided to try out a fic prompt generator last night and the first one I got is literally this story lmao:

then I got this one which is
honestly just CUTE:

And this one that just made me laugh because I can totally see them doing this:

me laugh because I can totally
see them doing this:

And this one that just made me laugh because I can totally see them doing this: