21. Face to face with Varian

Start from the beginning

"That actually not such a bad idea, (Y/n)!" 

Eugene snorted. "Cassandra, WHY did you have to be the sperm that won-"         

"Hush it Eugene. I get your protective of your sister, but she's our only chance here." Andrew spoke, making your brother close his mouth.

"Okaaay." You spoke, ignoring your brother's death glare. "So I'm gonna get myself out of here, and sneak out of Corona-"

"You can't, the bridge is guarded. Guess we'll just have to come up with another plan." Eugene shrugged.

You rolled your eyes. "Eugene, then I'll fucking swim. I'll find a way somehow. Try to root for me here."

He crossed his arms.

You continued discussing the plan with Cassandra and Andrew. You were going to the snuggly duckling, where you would convince everyone there to bring all of their weapons back to Corona. Then you would all storm the castle, get the others out, and either take a potion to corrode the rocks from Varian or making him breed one. This was your last chance of saving Corona, the villagers, Varian, everyone. That shouldn't be so hard.

When you finished discussing everything, you closed your eyes while laying down on the cell-bed. You would try to get some rest before the final plan. You had to be very focused in just a couple of hours.

Because now, Corona's fate wasn't in Rapunzel's and Varian's hands, like it mostly had been on the trip.

This time it was only in yours.

And with that comforting thought, you fell asleep.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

You sighed in pure comfort, as you leaned back against the dry tree. You were wearing a yellow dress, and your (h/c) hair was in a messy bun, surrounded with tiny white petals, that Rapunzel thought would look cute, when she made your hair this morning.

It was a sunny day in Corona, and the sunray warmed up your skin. The sky was perfectly blue, and a bunch of birds were flying across it, singing from the bottom of their heart. It was a perfect day.

And what made it more beautiful, was your best friend sitting beside you, his head in your lap. You ruffled his hair, putting some blades of grass in it, hoping he wasn't looking.

He wasn't. The sky had the boys full attention. He rose his arm, pointing to a cloud. "Look (Y/n). That kinda looks like you."

You followed his gaze, seeing a weirdly formed cloud. Your cheeks reddened. "Varian, that looks like a flower."

"No, not that one. Look a little more to the left."

You did as told. At first, you couldn't figure out what this cloud was shaped like, but then you could see a horn... No two.

A rihno. It looked like a rihno.

Varian chuckled, making his head bump lightly into your thighs.

You took as much grass in your hand as you possibly could, letting go of it all above his head.

"H-hey!" He laughed, sitting up, ruffling his hair black hair.

You laughed as well, trying your best to find a cloud yourself, that looked like something funny, only for you to say it looked like him.