Chapter 1

Y/N

Y/N

It's been 4 days and I'm still jobless. Tomorrow is Baekhyun's birthday. I can't celebrate his day with me still being jobless? My sign, it can't be ruined!

I've always been a believer of signs after the one I asked, came true. It was about passing the entrance exam for college, I never had the confidence that I can make it so I asked for a sign. Ever since it came true, I asked for signs every time I'm doubting myself.

Or to have fun.

Standing on the side of the road, I was waiting for the sign for me to cross. As soon as the light changes, I walked towards the road and until I got on the other side safely. It's been hours and I'm still walking around trying to find some notice of employment.

"Come on! I'm going to take everything just let me have a job!" I told myself when I stopped by the park.

I can't be a disgrace to my family. I may have acted like I don't care as I got used to it but deep inside the pits of my heart, I'm hurt. Being compared to my younger siblings because they have achieved their dreams while I can't even find a single job is such an embarrassment.

"Can this day get a little worse?" I hissed, seeing the sky turning dark. Seems like there's a downpour coming. "Welp, time to go home."

No! It's not time to go home! Remembering that I still have to look for a job, I can't just go home. No one should stop me. Not even the rainfall. If I celebrate Baekhyun's birthday without a job, that means we're not soulmates. I want him, and only him. If fate doesn't want him to be mine, I'm staying single for the rest of my life!

The rain started even before I could leave the park. Groaning, I made my way back to the other side of the road after seeing a cafe that I can stay into while waiting for the rain to stop.

"If this rain won't stop I won't be able to find a job." murmured to myself as soon as I entered the cafe.

I ordered a drink and sat near the window, watching people run to find a place to dry themselves or to not get any wetter by the sudden downpour. Mostly of the people I'm watching at is in their suits and formal attires. I think they just got out from the company building nearby. Lucky them. They have a job.

Seems like this is the first sign that won't be coming true.

"Oh please, if Baekhyun's going to be mine, give me a sign." I mumbled under my breath, stirring my drink before sipping a small amount of it.

The little chimes that were attached to the cafe's door resounded, indicating that someone had entered. My eyes flew to the guy who walked in and soon looked away seeing that it was just a random person who wants a drink at such cold weather.