𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒏

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

She's the reason he posted heartbreaking songs online. The only way he could communicate was through song. She sat from afar and hit replay more times than she cared to admit. If only they understood they only belonged to each other, they were evergreen.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 first time I actually won something I applied for. 'Disney+ You' - an online audition I entered to be a part of a mysterious project for a new platform. I genuinely found my breakout opportunity whilst scrolling through Facebook at 3am.

I was Disney fangirl all the way so the second I saw those Mickey ears I clicked 'Apply'. Five months passed and I received nothing, which was expected for me; I truly just believed no one ever won online competitions, but the people behind it just fabricated it for extra hype.

Yet here I was sitting at their talent agency, about to meet Tim Federle, the executive producer and overall lord and saviour, of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. My leg bounced repetitively as I waited in the hallway. I tried to externalise positivity with an acute smile as I waited, but it must've just looked mildly concerning to onlookers.

" Chloe Gomez, we're ready for you now."

A woman with oversized glasses and a velvet pantsuit interrupted my spiralling with her cheery tone. My throat turned dry and I only grinned in response before pacing behind her, to then sit across from the man himself.

Once the niceties were out of the way he got down to it, "It's so amazing to see you face to face after all this time. It was such a close call choosing between the thousands of applicants - but you just made us laugh and smile throughout!" Tim said with a gleam, after I walked to take my seat. I then realised I was still just grinning and I needed to actually use words to these people. I hastily cleared my throat.

"Th-thousands of people? Jesus Christ" I responded as I sighed with surprise. I was very aware of how unenthusiastic I sounded. Yet Tim just laughed along with me, at my borderline disbelief with my luck.

"I - thank you so much, sorry I would word my appreciation better but to be honest I'm just so overwhelmed I-I wanted this so badly" I added, which only made his smile grow.

"I mean, that's a reason we chose you, and no you're not just lucky - you got here with your charisma, talent and overall passion, own it!" He said proudly and I nodded.

"So let's get started, how has life been in Salt Lake City for you so far, you're from...California I believe?" he continued.

"Yep! Oceanside, but it's really nice here and I'm excited to be staying with my godmother while I'm out here, she actually uh, lives just half an hour from the school" I added cheerily.

"Perfect! Okay so we're obviously delighted to have you here for our show, but we just need to go over the contract with non-disclosures before the show's release, your role in the show as a member of the ensemble cast and featured dancer etcetera, if that's all good" Tim listed as he began looking through a selection of files, to which I easily agreed to.

____________

"Alright, too easy. The documents I handed to you say it all - about times and locations for prep, and that you're gonna be on set on the 15th. You'll be stuck with the main cast most of the time, so I'll tell them to be nice to you" he joked and we both laughed. Until that reminded me - who even was the cast?