Chapter One: Mysteries

One year before--Secetia School
It was a normal day at Secetia School. That was until class should have started.

Riiiiiing riiiiiiiing

The class gathered together and patiently waited for their teacher to arrive. Five minutes...... Ten minutes...   Things were getting odd after Fifteen minutes passed without their teacher. The only people missing were Ms Thack and a kid called Fred.

Ms Thack was rather lanky with small, black eyes, a scruffy nest of black hair and a black and white jumpsuit. She never seemed to get on with the kids, especially Fred.

"I'll go to the reception area." someone said, but the fire alarm went off.

The whole class went outside, laughing and walking leisurely. It couldn't be an actual fire, right? That never happened..... Except it did. Smoke flew up from the side of the building, although the most concerning thing was that it was by the maths corridor. How would you accidentally start a fire in maths?

Everyone huddled together in the court, horrified of the scene. Friends found each other, comforting each other, glad that they made it. There were just waiting for 2 people who hadn't been found yet, Ms Thack and Fred.

Ms Thack came out, seeming as angry as always. Who didn't return was Fred.....

The funeral was a week later. Everyone went out of respect or guilt for his family. Police searched the area for who caused the fire, or how it even started. It seemed impossible, how in the maths corridor? At least if it was science or cooking it could be an accident.

One thing that changed was that, to the dismay of Ms Thack, she was fired for suspicions of causing the fire. If she was normally mad, she was infuriated by that.
"I will be back!" she bellowed as she left the school.

Thankfully, she was replaced by a much nicer teacher, Mrs Taylor. She was non-binary but went by she/her pronouns. Her hair was a rose-gold ombre, her eyes contrasting being dark blue. Everyone loved her, she was so nice! She always cared for her students, so it was no surprise why Crystal liked her when she joined the school one year later.

That event still remained in everyone's heads though, ingrained into their minds. The story was definitely well known. Everyone was either understandably upset over Fred's death or theorising over the fire. Either way, that story was undoubtedly a school legend.