☾21

If you can't handle a heart like mine, don't waste your time with me.

- - -

       Awsten laid back his back upon the couch as his eyes trailed around the dressing room. Geoff was getting light make up upon his face, Otto was conversing with the stage director, while Y/n was tuning Awsten's guitar. He didn't mind, truth be told, he had to talk her out of it but she insisted of doing it.

With one strum of his electric guitar, it sounded amazing. Awsten perked up, eyes glimmering with amazement as she handed it back to him. Awsten grabbed it out of her hands, smiling at her, "Thank you, sunshine."

That sparked everyone's attention in the room.

Jawn smirked, "So, Y/n, what do you think of blue boy over there?" The female blushed, drowning underneath the teasing gazes by her friends. Her eyes trailed over to Awsten and back to Jawn before she answered.

"Ethereal."

Awsten coughed while the rest smiled widely, some giggling at them, and the others chuckling. Jawn smiled, patting her head, "You're too much for him, don't you think?"

"Jawn, you tomato head, I will cut you!" Awsten shouted.

- - -

She stood besides Awsten, her hand shaking as she held the microphone. It hasn't occurred to her that this was her first time performing with the band–her band. She gulped, looking at the crowd who were eagerly waiting for them to come out.

They were guests in this Christmas event, just one more day before the New Year, and she could have not asked for something more. All the money from the ticket booth and snack bars were going straight to charity, and it made her heart melt knowing that they were helping someone who was in need to help.

Awsten saw how she zoned out, his eyes locking on her shaking hand, and so he grabbed it, protectively wrapping his slender fingers around her balled up hand to help her steady the microphone. She looked up to him, his eyes shining brighter than before.

It seemed odd, Awsten was an odd boy, but he always had an effect on her. Like as if something lit inside him every time he'd look at her; completely oblivious of the fact that he had the same effect on her. She blushed as Awsten gave her hand an assuring squeeze, swallowing a lump down her throat as Awsten smiled softly at her, "You okay?" he gently whispered.

She let out a shaky breath before nodding, "Y-yeah? I guess." The way her speech was trembling sent Awsten in alert mode. Immediately, he dropped his bass, carefully handing it to Otto, and turned his body towards her as he held his arms out. She wasted no time and clung onto her man like he was her lifeline. Her man, it made her inside tingle as his scent washed over her, finding its way to calm her down.

He placed a kiss on her head, "You'll do great, sunshine. I know that." Everybody around them was muffled out, including the sounds of the fans outside and the people in the backstage–it was only them within their own space. Awsten held her within his arms, soothingly whispering assuring things to her as she closed her eyes, hugging him closely to her.

From that moment, she knew.

"Y/n? Do you need a moment?" Geoff's caring voice floated in their ears. She, unfortunately, pulled away from Awsten and breathed in deeply as she looked up to the blue haired boy and back at Geoff, shaking her head. "We're good to go, Geoff." She said and Awsten smiled, placing another kiss on her forehead as Otto handed him his bass. With one last glance at her, he was off.

As he stepped foot on stage, the fans shouted and cheered for him–chanting his name. He waved at them, his charming smile and charisma nearly blinding them. He was a natural, Awsten always was. Yet, as the others went up, she stood by felt like the ground was swallowing her. She looked down at her hands, one gripping the microphone as her knuckles turned into a scary color of white. Was this a mistake? What if she messes up? What if–

Before her own thoughts could bury her, a hand reached out for her. She looked up, seeing his bi-colored eyes shining with the lights in the stadium. He smiled at her, "We can stop this. Just say the word and I'll take you home." His words, once again, found themselves piercing right through her heart. She has never seen anyone so pretty and dainty-like before. Yet, here he was; standing in front of her with his warm smile directed only to her.

She lifted her hand, shakily placing it on top of his as his own eyes light up. He pulled her gently, out of the curtains and was now out on the stage. As soon as the fans saw her, they went wild. They screamed her name and called out for her, cheering on her as she looked at them with a flustered face. He smiled at them before walking to his microphone, hands still laced with each other's, "This is my–our sunshine, Y/n L/n! Isn't she a charmer?" He spoke into the microphone.

She turned her attention towards the fans as they waved at her, waving around banners and shirts with her name on it. He turned back to her and winked at her before she let go, smiling widely at the people.

Ah, there it was. The genuine smile he always loved.

The show started and she never felt so free in her life before; jumping around the stage, shaking their fans' hands, and doing goofy dances with her boys. Awsten had so much fun, jumping with her and laughing so much that he couldn't finish a verse. She looked happy, he was happy, they were happy.

As the last song came in, Awsten sat on the edge, inviting her over to sit with him. She sat down and panted, turning the microphone away from her face to breath out. Awsten smiled at her as he turned to the crowd, "Alright, here's the last song. I know it, my sunshine knows it, you know it. It's stupid for you!" They all screamed, waving their hands in the air.

Awsten started the song and she tagged along, singing to her heart's content. As Awsten laid on the floor, looking up the lights with her by his side, he felt giddy. "Just double dare me and I promise now that I'll stay." He sang into his microphone, his head turned towards her as she smiled widely while looking above. Awsten felt his heart beat pick up as he saw the stars within her eyes down to her smile, to her voice, and to her whole body. She was amazing, he knew that, he always did.

"It's not like you're married but I still got carried away." This time, she looked at him and their hearts were in sync. As the lights shined down upon them and as they sang, they felt peace and passion. They felt safe. They felt home. They felt love.

Love.

They felt loved.

At that moment, she knew and he did too.

They were destined to be with each other.

okay, pls don't hate me for showing up now :"( im just so busy now that im graduating high school. a lot has happened BUT i have come to the conclusion that i shall be finishing this story by the end of summer (with a possible sequel) and i'll update more!

- gere.