Chapter 8

3 years later

Aera walked around the park, waiting for Chan to arrive. She sat on a bench, observing the people around her. 3 years since she left the country with her papa and she has been happy. She was happy and enjoying her life to the fullest. Her papa was happy too, and just got married a year ago, with his childhood friend.

Suddenly, a hand wrapped around her waist.

"Hey babe," Chan kissed her cheeks. "I'm sorry you had to wait for me."

She smiled as she pecked his lips, "It's okay. I didn't wait for you too long."

"When are you leaving?" Chan asked as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears.

"Tomorrow," she let out a sad sigh. "I'm gonna miss you so much, Channie." She pulled him into a hug.

"Hey, hey. I'm leaving for Korea next week, remember? You'll only be lonely for a week," He comforted her. "Besides, you'll get to enjoy your time with your bestfriends without any interruption, because when I'll be there, I'll steal all of your time."

Aera smiled at the mention of her bestfriends. She really missed her dorky cousin and his sassy boyfriend. Also, her very funny uncles. She couldn't wait to meet them. The last time she saw them was a year ago during her papa's wedding. They had fly to New Zealand for her papa's wedding and only stayed there for 2 weeks, much to Aera's disappointment.

"Let's go," Chan took her hands and led her to their usual dating place.

"I'm home," she greeted as she took off her shoes and settled herself on the sofa.

"Welcome home, honey. How was your day?" Wonwoo sat beside her and gave her a peck on her forehead.

"It was okay, Chan and I walked a lot and I'm so tired right now," she streched her body.

Wonwoo nodded, "Now go take a shower and then we'll have dinner together."

"Okay," she stood up and walked to her room.

Once she freshen up, she slipped into (the diamond life) her pyjamas and went to the kitchen where his papa was setting up the table.

"Hello, princess," Soonyoung greeted her as she sat opposite of her parents.

"Hey, Papa Kwon." She smiled before picking up her utensils and started eating.

"Aera, have packed up all of your things?" Wonwoo asked her.

"I'm almost done, papa. I just need to pack my toiletries and then I'll be ready for tomorrow."

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow!" She was skyping with Hansol and her uncles.

"Me too, Aera. We'll be picking you guys up when you get here. Can't wait to finally hug you again!" Seokmin exclaimed joyfully.

"So... how're you and Chan doing?" Hansol wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

She rolled her eyes and blush a bit at the mention of her boyfriend,"We're doing fine actually."

"Glad to hear that," Jisoo nodded and smiled at her.

"Oh well, it's late now, get some sleep my cousin! Can't wait to meet you tomorrow!" Hansol waved along with his parents and ended the call.

She shook her head before shutting down her laptop and putting it aside. She lied on her bed and took out her phone to text her boyfriend.

To: Channie💕
Hey babe❤ I just finished skyping with Hansol and my uncles.

To: Love💘
Hey, love. What time is your flight tomorrow?

To: Channie💕
At 9am, why?

To: Love💘
Nothing, I just wanted to send you off at the airport tomorrow.

To: Channie💕
You don't have to, Channie.

To: Love💘
I want to, besides, I'll be lonely for a week without you😔

To: Channie💕
Fine, I'll wait for you at the airport

To: Love💘
Yay!! I'll be at the airport at 7am, wait for me!! Now get some sleep, baby. You'll need to wake up early tomorrow. Sweet dreams! I love you💞

To: Channie💕
Goodnight, I love you too. See you tomorrow❤

She smiled and turned off her phone, getting comfortable on her bed. She closed her eyes, hoping to sleep as soon as possible. She couldn't wait to see her family tomorow.