𝑂𝑛𝑒

Zacznij od początku

"I'm off." I said, hugging Mother from behind. She kissed my cheek.

"Have a good day. And don't act up." She said, pointing at me.

"I can't help my attitude, mom..." I shrugged, walking down the hall to a small living room where my Father was on his Apple Laptop, typing something. I hugged him from behind as well, touching his head as I stood up.

"Goodbye, hun. Remember that paperwork we talked about." He said as I nodded, grabbing the keys to the White Corvette. I opened the door and stepped out, shutting it behind me. I walked out to the car, it's reflection hitting my eyes. I got in, turning it on. It smelt nice inside like a new car. We had just got this car a month ago, making it our 6th car. I pulled out of the driveway, turning up the radio.

15 minutes pass and I arrive at my school; 'Middleton High'. I gag just hearing the words. I pull into a parking spot at the front and turn off the car. I step out, placing the keys in my backpack and holding my coffee. I rolled my eyes as I walked into the school. A few eyes were staring at me, but it was always like that. I walked a little further to my locker and I placed a few books inside.

"Hey!" I hear behind me, causing me to jump. It was Zoe, my best friend. Her smile was wide and full of excitement. I scrunched my face.

"How are you so happy on a Monday.." I said, shutting my locker, my pink nails clinking on the ugly blue metal door. I looked down at her outfit; simply a pair of tight jeans and a crop top. It was really simple, but cute.

"I don't know..." she shrugged, "Anyways, you know Jaden?" She asked. I nodded, trying to remember what he looked like, "well... he's hosting a party tonight. Coming?" I pressed my lips together tight, shaking my head.

"I have paperwork." I said, sipping out of my silver pink thermos. Zoe sighed.

"But you always do paperwork... for what anyway?" She asked, crossing her arms. I sighed.

"A shoot. Dad never gave me the details." I said, hoisting my backpack higher on my shoulders. Zoe smiled a little.

"Can I come?" She said, grinning wide. I playfully rolled my eyes, signaling a nicer way of saying no. She scoffed.

"Whatever." She said, swaying her hand back and forth at me. I silently laughed at her. Just then, the bell rings. Zoe hates being late. Without saying goodbye, she takes off down the hallway to her class.
I pulled out a lilac iPhone 11, scrolling through Instagram. I began walking to my class, kids passing as I scroll. I seriously wasn't paying attention because I was knocked to the ground, along with my phone and coffee. I let out an 'ugh' and bent down.

"I've got it..." I hear a soft voice in front of me. I look up at him and examine his features. He's a little pale, taller than me with brown hair parted in the middle. He had tiny hoops in his ears and light freckles sprinkled across his nose and cheeks. He looked like a cute lil' baby. I smiled at the sight of him. He set my coffee back up so it wouldn't spill anymore. I went to grab my phone and flipped it around, luckily the screen was okay. I sighed in relief, holding my chest.

"Oh my god, it's okay..." I said, breathing harder than usual. He chuckled a little.

"It's not a child..." he explained. I sat up, slightly embarrassed. I dusted off my skirt.

"I know. But this was expensive!" I said, us both laughing. The crowd of kids begins to die down. He gave himself an 'oh right' look and rested his hand in the air in front of me. I stared at it, before shaking his hand. He smiled.

"Payton." He said, eyes low and concentrated. I swallowed hard.

"My name is April." I smiled. He shifted his head around him, noticing all classes were now shut. I sighed, staring at the door to my English class.