Chapter Twenty-six

Start from the beginning

Rachel waited for him but he did not come so she left. Mrs Harrington called her daughters one evening and said

"I have good news, Mr Travis wants to invest in our company"

"That's wonderful Mama" Ruby said

"I know, but it comes with a price"

"What price?" Ruby asked meanwhile Rachel was asking herself if she treated Thomas or did anything to Thomas, he have been avoiding her

"Rachel" Mrs Harrington said, "He wants Rachel to marry his son" Ruby held her gown so tight and she folded her hands until her knuckles were red. She was filled with rage and jealousy. She wanted to marry Ryan Renoks. That's her dream.

"No no no mama I won't marry Ryan I don't love him" Rachel said

"Love have nothing to do with business" Ruby ran out towards the toilet and her mom and Rachel followed. She was throwing up real hard.

"Are you okay Ruby?" Rachel asked as she rubbed her back and held her hair up for her

"It's nothing it must be something I ate. I'm okay" she went inside.

Days later

Ruby was always throwing up. Her Mama suspected she was pregnant.

"Ruby I ask again are you pregnant??"

"Of course not Mama how can I be pregnant??"

Weeks later It was confirmed that she's pregnant and she refused to say who the father was. Thomas knew it was his and he wanted to be responsible for it. But Ruby said it wasn't.

Meanwhile Rachel traveled to New York to get acquainted with her future husband but she has a plan that she thinks is wonderful.

One year later

Rachel is back to Greenville and surprised to see Ruby nursing a year old son.

Ruby and Rachel were lying with their stomach and they were eating strawberries

"So you're not going to tell me the father of the child?" Rachel asked

"I can see New York agrees with you" Ruby changed the topic and Rachel let it go.

"I guess, you know Ryan is charming quite opposite of what I thought."

"Mmmh" was all she said

"But I can't bring myself to fall for him, meanwhile I love Thomas and he loves me too. You know a big wine company in New York, Mr Travis rival asked Thomas to work for them. Once we're married, we will move to New York"

"So what position are they giving him?"

"General manager" Rachel said

"Holy cow, Rich that's a very big position with a lot of money"

"Yeah, and there is this politician that is offering him a position, but Thomas hates politics so I think he  will settle for the general manager"

"But there's a lot of money in politics"

"I know but Thomas doesn't like politics and it's dangerous"

"But you should be able to convince him"

"I'll supp... wait why are you so interested in Thomas?"

"What do you mean?"

"You don't like him, he disgusts you but now you're really becoming nosy and curious"