Chapter 1

Dakotah.

Dakotah wake up.

"B-But...why..? Why am I here..?"

That doesn't matter, just open your eyes...

Hesitantly obeying, I flutter my eyes open slightly...groaning softly from the bright light emitting beneath me. Standing up from where I was recently laying, I rub my eyes softly before taking in my surroundings.

Looking down, I'm surprised to see that I'm standing upon glass, most likely stained glass. I take a few steps back, taking in the person who's stained in the glass. Who is that?

That's you, recognize who you are Dakotah.

"Recognize? How am I suppose to recognize who I am if I don't have a sliver of memory?"

That is for you to find out, it's your destiny... Your destined for-

~~

Gasping loudly, I jolt awake before panting heavily. I fling my head in random directions, seeing if I was still dreaming or not. Okay okay, just take deep breaths....I'm fine...everything is...fine. I take my last deep breath before opening my eyes back up, once again taking in my surroundings. Seeing that it's an empty room, besides the bed and bookcase, that it's definitely not mine, or at least I think its not. Great, another place I don't know.

Gently pulling the bedsheets away, I swing my feet over the edge and I instantly stand up, which I regret later once I've fallen flat on my face. " Ow..."

Sighing slightly, I shakily push myself off of the hard floor and onto my shaking feet. Holding my arms up to balance myself, I weakly make my way to the door, my legs trembling softly from the slight numbness in my muscles.

After a couple minutes of finally getting to the door, my trembling hand finally grabbed hold of the door and opened it. While peeking my head out curiously, I see that it's a long empty hallway full of other doors. I glance at both ends of the hallway, seeing that one end has a staircase leading down, but at the other leads up.

Let's see if there's more people upstairs.

Eventually getting the numbness out of my legs, I make my way up the stairs. Would there be more people there? Or would it lead to somewhere dangerous?

After what felt like an eternity just going up a flight of stairs, I finally make it up on to a balcony. After inhaling the fresh air, I turn around to see a giant ticking clock, along with a cogwheel swaying back and forth. Smiling from amazement, I twirl around and make my way to the railing. Taking a firm grip on the bar, I look down to see the most beautiful town I've ever seen. Well, the ONLY town I've ever seen, I think.

" Nice view huh?"

After almost jumping out of my skin, I spun around to see a black hooded figure, standing there with his hands on his hips. I couldn't see his face either, which already gives me a bad sign.

" W-Who are you..?" I questioned, even though my voice was rough and dry from not ever speaking before, or at least not talking for awhile.

The hooded figure chuckled softly, " Slow down there short-stuff! You can't know my name just yet....But! You can call me, Master of Masters!" His tone shifts kinda freaked me out, but at the same time it was kinda funny.

" Sooo...I can call you mom?" I questioned, smiling like an absolute dork.

His upbeat and bright stance immediately slumped down. He crossed his arms and looked to his side, giving the hint that he was pouting behind that hood. " That's not funny..."

After I let out a soft laugh, he playfully stomped over and leaned down to my level. " Aaaand what about you? Don't you have a name that I can make fun of?" He joked, but instantly looked at me with confusion as I was having trouble.

" M-My name is...uhh..." I bit my lip, trying to figure out if I even have a name or not. Oh wait! My dream!

" It's Dakotah!! I-I mean...it's Dakotah.." I laughed nervously, embarrassed by my loud outburst. Chuckling from my actions, he quickly slumped an arm around my shoulders quite tightly.

" Well alright Dakotah! Welcome to Day Break Town"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man this chapter took forever to make, but I hope you liked it! And don't be afraid to show me some constructive criticism, because I probably need it 😂
Thank you for reading!