Chapter 4: Breaking the Ice

En başından başla

But I wasn't but going to hate Bakugo for doing so. The two of them had a history, a rivalry of some sort. Even I would go to such lengths if I had deep-rooted hatred towards someone. I couldn't blame him, but at the same time, I just wished he could've held back a bit more.

"Team B and team I are next!" I perked up, I shouldn't let whatever I'm feeling right now get me down during my fight. Todoroki and I made our way to the training grounds we were assigned. While waiting for the villain team to hide their weapon, I decided to make a plan.

"So..." Todoroki looked at me. "Have a plan?" I asked

He looked at me for a while before answering: "Yes."

I smiled, so he actually had one already. Nothing less expected from someone recommended to this school. "Really? What's the plan?"

"It doesn't involve you, just stand out the building and stay out of my way." My smile dropped as he gave me a cold glare and turned away. 'start!' All Might said, and he walked in. I looked at him with disbelief and disappointment.

Is he so high on his horse that he's not going to bother to even work with me!? This was offensive, he was looking down on his opponents and me! It doesn't matter how strong you are, one shouldn't look down on others.

With anger coursing through my veins, I stomp into the building catching him starting to freeze the place. "I'm not letting you!" Pressing a button, a weapon of my choice came out, and I aimed right at his hand then fired.

A gummy candy was launched right at his hands, bruising them enough for him to stop out of pain. He then shot me a glare, "I told you to not get in my way." he sneered.

I glared back, taking a step forward I stomped right onto the place he was freezing, breaking the ice. "Is this how a hero acts?" at my words, he flinched. "This is supposed to be a team effort! If you think I'm just going to let you do what you want as you look down on me, then I'm going to stop you until you finally decide to look at me eye to eye! We're on this together, don't you dare look down on me!" I yelled.

And for a moment, silence. He stared at me, eyes full of guilt and realization. "Sorry." he finally responded, and he looked down at the ground. He didn't say anything else, more like he didn't know what else to say. Never had he needed to apologize before, or at least he hadn't done so in a long time.

I sighed, knowing he wasn't going to say anything. But at least he's finally willing to work with me. "First, tell me your plan," I say.

He finally lifts his head up. "I was going to freeze the whole building, hopefully freezing the enemy team as well," he explains.

That was a good idea, but then if they're wearing shoes, wouldn't they be able to get out quickly? "That plan isn't solid enough, there are many other factors that could mess up your plan. You don't even know where they are." I scolded.

He pouted and avoided eye contact, just like a child. I chuckled and thought it was cute. "Okay, then what's your plan?" he asked.

"I have these neat glasses that can help me pinpoint their location. Once we know whether or not we can freeze them, we either go ahead and capture them, or if we can freeze them, you will do so, and I'll go get the weapon." he nodded.

"That's a solid plan, okay, let's go." at his words, I pulled out the glass wear and placed it on.

It was like the world became a rainbow when I placed it on! Holding back on being excited to use them, I looked around to see any heat. A few hallways down, I saw someone moving towards us, and looking at the feet, I can tell they were wearing shoes. On the other hand, someone is standing still, it was Ojiro judging by the tail and was not wearing shoes.