Chapter Eight: 'Mr Howa- Shane, I mean Shane'

Bắt đầu từ đầu

     “I think every heterosexual male here looks at you like that,” Andrea said causing both of Electra’s eyebrows to shoot skyward. “You are ridiculously attractive Electra, anyone with eyes can see that…’cept maybe Daryl but then again he is related to Merle meaning he is extremely thick-”

     “Well….erm….”  

     “But then again he does wear a sign which practically screams ‘I am a virgin’….” Andrea wondered causing Electra to stifle a laugh. “Basically all the other guys have respect for women whereas Merle does not- ergo him trying to get you into his bed at all costs,” she said causing Electra to fiddle with her nails as a faint blush rose to her cheeks. “Anyway, how did England look before you left?”

     “Fantastic,” Electra smiled at her. “Never thought I’d miss it so much, I could give anything to be back there,” Electra admitted. “Funny thing is I even miss the whole doom and gloom thing it had going on, I feel as if I’m burning up all the time here,” 

     “Wait, wait, hold up a second,” Andrea said confused at what she was hearing. “When you left England was normal. No infection? No walkers?” Andrea asked in disbelief causing Electra to return her eyes up to Andrea’s, now she was in shock and confusion. 

     “Of course it was normal when I left,” she stated, looking at Andrea as if she had lost her mind. “The infection broke out while I was on the plane,” Electra stated.

     “No,” Andrea said bluntly. “The epidemic broke out seventeen days ago whilst you were on the plane to Georgia. The actual infection broke out thirty one days ago,” she broke the news to her. 

     “Thirty one days ago?” Electra gasped. “It broke- what? Are you freaking kidding me? And they just let people in and out of the country? They let it spread?” she interrogated. “There was nothing! No news reports, no nothing! How the hell did they manage that?!” Electra demanded in a rage. 

     “The wonder of the government and military,” Andrea sighed whilst Electra took a second to calm herself down. “Amy has this idea that this is a consequence of some sort of government experiment gone wrong. I personally have no clue what it is. D’ya have any theories of how it started?”

     “Naw,” she shook her head. “I’m more interested of any cures not the cause,” Electra stated coldly placing her hand onto her hips. 

     “I hear ya,” Andrea agreed. “How’s ya girl taking all this?” she inquired out of concern rather than curiosity whilst looking over Electra’s shoulder to see Stacie talking to Daryl.

     “Not my girl,” Electra sighed. “Her parents were out of the country when all this happened, workaholics working abroad my guess is. “Stacie’s strong, I’ll give her that, not much seems to be fazing her- she’s positive. The reason I love kids,” Electra explained.

     “I’m sorry, I keep forgetting. She looks a hell of a lot like you, and you’re really good with kids ya know. She thinks the world of you, Carl and Sophia too,” she stated. “Were you a mom….?” Andrea asked, treading carefully. There was no way in hell she wanted to force anyone to talk of anything too personal, everyone had lost so many people.