Kuro ran as fast as he could, without hitting any of the tall ass trees. This was the forest that separated the three kingdoms around it. Parts of it belonged to the kingdoms, but most was still undiscovered about these trees. Like why they were so tall, why they were thick, or most importantly, why they were mentioned in our legends, that happened thousands of years ago. These trees were the biggest mystery, since the appearance of man.

Behind one of the trees and the shrubbery surrounding it, there was a ladder. I tied Kuro on a long enough rope, that he could reach some grass. Taking my sword, bow, and arrow pouch, I started climbing the ladder. A few squirrels watched me, as I climbed, but I paid no attention to them, as they scurried away.

Getting to the hidden tree house, I knocked on the door, knowing someone would either answer, or not. I heard footsteps near the creaky door, and stood back some. “Password?!” Thick, hoarse, and grumpy was the voice, but the voice I knew. “For freedom.” (Captain Harlock quote xP) The door opened, and I smiled for the first time today.

Reiner and Bertholdt stood in the doorway, grinning. Bertholdt walked up to me, and hugged me, giving me a strong pat on the back. Reiner nodded at me. “So. Let me guess; your parents again.” I shook my head. “Yea, they cut the last string, saying that some woman’s son, was a faggot for liking the neighbor’s boy. Father asked me on my opinion,” They looked at me, troubled. “…and I told them my honest opinion, of ‘No’. They didn’t take it very well.”

Bertholdt gave a strained smile, but looked at me approvingly. “It’s time they stop pushing you around as they like. And if they don’t accept you as you, they’re not real parents.” Reiner nodded; he wasn’t much of a talker, and that was fine with me. “Do you want to go hunting? It may clear your mind some.” Reiner and I nodded, and the two got their weapons. We climbed down the ladder and set out, for some dinner.

We sneaked trough the bushes, trying to stay as quiet as possible. Reiner whistled lightly, alerting me and Bertholdt. We turned the way he was pointing, and saw a few deer, rabbits, and birds. We decided on the largest deer, since there were three of us, plus the deer was already wounded from a trap, and wouldn’t survive anyway. Bertholdt shot me a knowing look, and threw a small chain with two ball on the ends, at the deer’s legs. All the animals around it scurried away as fast as they could. I shot a few arrows at the deer’s heart, while the deer fell to the ground, to end its suffering quickly.

After cutting the antlers off of the deer and wrapping them in a cloth to use for different items later, we carried it back to the small tree shack. Reiner went up, and threw the pulley and bucket down for us. We loaded the antlers first, and then loading in the hide we skinned off, while Reiner pulled the bucket up. I helped Bertholdt put the meat in the bucket after it came down, and we climbed up the ladder. When we got up there, we helped Reiner pull the meat up. I walked onto the small porch they had on a limb of the tree, and started making a fire in the metal tub for washing babies. They had things others never imagined using these things for, but they worked.

Turning the meat on the metal holding, I looked up at the starry sky. There were millions of stars, or so it seemed. Maybe there were even more than what we can see. There is always more than one can see. One thing I envied the stars, they were free. Staying up in the sky, staring down at our problems. Looking over at the many stars reflecting on the lake in the distance, I sighted. Suddenly, a voice spoke out. “Even if you shoot for the moon, and miss, you’ll end up with the stars. Not a bad deal, eh?” Turning around, I saw Reiner staring at the sky too, Bertholdt snuggled up in a blanket of hide from a previous hunt, in Reiner’s arms, eyes closed and sleeping. When Reiner did speak, the words were not to be taken lightly, since they were wise, and priceless. They were one’s of a man that knew about the world, even if he didn’t venture far into it anymore.

“Yeah. Not a bad deal. Better than the deal I’m supposed to get anyway.” Reiner nodded at me, and tightened his arms around the helpless looking Bertholdt. “True, but you always have a choice no matter what. No one can make a wise decision for you, if you don’t agree with them. You choose the way to follow, not them.” I leaned back, resting my elbows on the wood under me. “Yeah. You’re right. It’s my choice, and it’ll always be. Goodnight Reiner, Bertholdt. And thanks for everything you did, or will do. Truly, you have so much of my gratitude. If you ever need anything that I can help with, ask away. You have already done so much for me, it’s time I pay you guys back.”

______________________________________________

Yay! Another chapter done! And it’s only like five minutes after I published the first one! OMH! Seriously! I'm on freaking fireee~~~~~~! Okay, I’ll stop now.

I will say this again. COMMENT UR IDEAS! I really need ur guys’z opinion!

Now! I'm done with my babbling and have to get to other projects. Yea, somehow, my school hasn’t blocked Wattpad, so I have been writing these two chapters for the last week and a half, in school, secretly. I'm awesome aren’t I?! lol, anyway, enjoy this plz! And vote, and I'm sorry there isn’t any Ereri/Riren yet, but there was a slight hint of BertholdtXReiner, so I hope you liked that. Come on! They’re cute together! Lol, u just can’t fight yaoi can u. Baiii~~~

My Enemy To Love {Ereri/Riren}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें