01

amelia ramirez was nervous for the night. although she had already started drinking to distract her from the nerves; she just couldn't seem to shake them. amelia was waiting for her best friend corinna kopf who she had known since she moved to LA considering they lived in the same apartment building. they had met down stairs in the lobby on amelias move in day. corinna noticed amelia struggling with two suitcases and multiple bags in her arms while she tried vlogging for her youtube channel. corinna admired the girl from afar but then quickly went to help. they had kept in touch and corinna was the one to show her all the hot places in LA.

amelia had lived in california all her life, but she had never been to hollywood or anywhere remotely "popular" because of her parents. now that she was successful and on her own, she moved to north hollywood. not that amelias parents were strict, but they were low income. amelia never had the resources to come explore the LA that everyone sees on camera. being that she was finally making enough money on her own; she moved out.

she had been a youtuber for over 3 years, and had just hit 3 million subscribers. she quickly made more youtube and influencer friends once she made the move to LA. she was starting to fit in more and was as happy as ever.

amelia was waiting on corinna to pick her up from her apartment so that they could walk down and take corinna's porche to TAO. amelias phone rang and she jumped and the surprise, setting down the shot glass and answering immediately.

"girl, where have you been? i've been waiting." amelia tolled her eyes as she waited for corinna's reply. she had been waiting for almost an hour, and the dinner was supposed to start at 10pm. "it's almost 10, you're gonna be late to your own birthday dinner."

"chill lia, im here." corinna laughed as she bathed into amelias apartment and hung up the phone. "i see the party started already?" she questions while looking at the bottle of tequila on the kitchen island.

"no, i'm just nervous. had to take the edge off." amelia shrugged and put everything away before grabbing everything she needed for the night.

"everyone's gonna love you, dont worry about it." corinna shrugged and watched as amelia rushed around her living room. "aren't you going to comment on how hot i look?" corinna smirked once the young girl looked at corinna and blushed.

"you look amazing rin, you always do." amelia smiled and pulled the birthday girl out of the apartment and locked it.

the car ride to TAO took no more 20 min and once they arrived it seemed like everyone was there. amelias palms were sweating and she wiped them on her jeans hoping corinna wouldn't notice how nervous she was. amelia was meeting the vlog squad, who wouldn't be nervous? corinna said that david, todd, scott, carly, jason, ilya, natalie, zane, heath, mariah, jeff, and kristen would be there. amelia was thankful kristen was there, and she made sure to text her to same amelia a seat so that she wasn't next to people she didn't know. they walked into the restaurant immediately heading to the back room where corinna had reserved for her friend group. they walked in and everyone from the table looked, their eyes wandering to the small girl next to corinna

"hey guys, sorry for being late! but this is my best friend amelia, she's joining us." corinna introduced amelia and dragged her to the two empty seats between the people amelia knew as david dobrik and todd smith. every said they hellos you amelia, but honestly amelia blanked out.

"hello." was all amelia said and she looked around the table. she couldn't believe she was hanging out with the vlog squad, nevertheless sitting next to david dobrik. todd has pulled corinna to sit next to him leaving amelia to sit next to david. people went into their different conversations and amelia was grateful.