I MISSED YOU TOO PRINCESS

The living room was set up with a leather couch, which faced a huge artistic drawing of an African  woman with a baby tied at her back, her head held high while an ornate vest rested on her head,That's my dad's favorite drawing. in a corner is a flat screen TV, the walls were boring white except for little strains on the path leading to the kitchen .

    Dad was in the bathroom taking a bath so I had to wait even if I was feeling so dirty,  It is one of the important tradition .

   I watched the yoruba girl 'Bisi'  bring in  home made cupcakes, from the kitchen .

     Mummy's orders

Her face immediately brightened on seeing me . She was almost beautiful if not for the ugly tribal marks that cut through her face. The tribal marks were part of the yoruba culture and were usually inscribed on the body by burning or cutting of the skin area during childhood for Identification ,while In some part , to mark puberty or marriage at least that's the much I know.

    "Welcome , little miss"
She bowed a little . Her long  almost brown hair covering  half her face . I smiled at her. She had grown too used to calling me little Miss. No matter how many times I tried to make her stop, she wouldn't stop , she was about one year older than I was ... I remember how we used to tease each , play pranks on each other when we were ten. But that all ended the day she made away with my dad's huge amount of money and came back afterwards begging for forgiveness . Well she was forgiven but by then a rift had been created between us.she didn't quit calling me little miss and I didn't complain either

     "Where is my little princess?" I heard the familiar voice of my father , As I was about to munch the last piece of cake. Keeping it down.

     "Daddy !!!" I called out , and hugged him tightly ,He gently rubbed my back.

     "I missed you so much" I added

   "I missed you too princess"

  I pulled away from him , observing
him , he looked leaner and much more handsome..

   "How is my princess doing"
he asked

   "A little good" I replied scrunching up my face a little. he kissed my forehead

   "Why , a little Good?.... School stress?" he asked and I nodded.

  "Okey... Just go in...freshen up and wait for me ok?"

   "Are you going somewhere "I asked

   " Yes , I have a meeting in ten minutes" he said while glancing at his watch

   "Ok "
I replied , watching him go out of the door. I heaved a sigh,

   I made my way to my room and slumped on my bed . It smelt of strawberry perfume ,The room was a little bit scattered just like  I left it, I made a quick mental decision to take a bath first and then attend to anything else . Grabbing a body wash from my bag , I made my way into the bathroom . I stayed in the  bathroom longer than I had wanted to , because I felt So lazy to even move a limb . Finally getting out of the bathtub , I stared at myself in the little mirror that stood at a corner of my room .

    I am a little bit plumpy, well it's natural, I got that from my mum . That's the reason I don't eat much .
Light skinned , straight nose, won the queen of the school in my senior secondary school Level .
Actually if you are curious , I have never had a boyfriend before . Just a male friend , whom I have no idea where he is or what he is doing. It's not like am the nerdy type even though that's what some people call me. I don't have the boyfriend thing in my dictionary , it distracts you from everything .

   Slipping into a pair of jean pants and crop top . I had only one thing in mind , to take a stroll in the yard . Without even bothering to arrange my things I walked out of the bedroom . My slippers making a loud slap slap sound because of how large they were.

    "Mum am going to take a walk!!"
I yelled out , I heard her say something I couldn't hear , but already knew what it was.
I opened the door to go out and what I saw made me stop dead in my tracks......

       ***************************

That's how I picture Lacey.....
I don't know how you see her, you can imagine her which ever way...
Anyways pictures of Lacey's best friend and other characters will come soon.. next chapter , haven't found any yet....

       ***********************

Chapter two done... What can I say.
It's unedited .. I apologise for any mistakes...
I will try to start editing from the next chapter , thank you