Chapter 1

I woke up and slowly looked at my alarm clock. It was 6:02 AM, a Friday. As I was getting out of my comfy bed, I realized today was the first day of the long weekend.  In fact, this weekend was four days long.

        Let me guess, like a normal person, I should stay in bed. I guess I'm not normal.

        I got out of bed. My eyes were barely open and my hair was all over my face. I looked around for approximately a minute then started thinking about getting ready. After I was all set, I decided to get out of my room.

        As I was walking down the stairs, I noticed none of my parents were downstairs. That's perfect, but just to make sure, I looked around every room to make sure they weren't in the house. My brother was, but luckily, my parents were just about to leave for work.

        Since they were still in the house, I prepared a plan for a problem like this a pretty long time ago. It was a simple plan, I just had to sneak out the back door. The door they leave at is at the front. Once again, I looked around to check if my parents were at the back of the house, the kitchen. They were. I sighed.

        Instead of waiting for them to leave like a normal person, I tippy-toed to the back of the stove. They were too busy chatting. They were just leaving the kitchen as I hurried to the door. When the door opens, it makes a creaking noise. I knew it, I was doomed. I froze though I was in motion. My parents however, didn't look. I was saved! "Phew!", I bellowed. That's when they looked. By then, I was already out of the house.

        Outside of my house was a beautiful, clear forest surrounded by trees. But that wasn't the only thing I admired, I loved the animals, especially the foxes here. None of the animals here even had rabies! I've always fantasized about being able to talk to the wildlife here. Too bad it's never happened. Yet. Or that's just what I believe. Before walking into the forest, I stretched. I don't know why, but I did.

        I guess I was just preparing for another great day with the animals.