Now, you all may be wondering what had been so important as to why every 'grade' was sent down. As stated previously, every vampire in here knows that they should not alienate themselves from the humans. But then again, there are some who are too carefree and reveal their true selves to the public. Hence us needing us to know our place. Unfortunately, humans with high titles are aware of our existence."

There were many gasps from within the crowd. I was one of them. To think someone uncovered the veil to our well being. Yet, I knew it would happen someday. The principle started speaking once everyone was silenced.

"Yes, I know. I empathize with what you are all feeling right now. Even the government knows, and considers us hostile to humanity. Please listen carefully; all of you, because you are in grave danger. Many in government run facilities agree to exterminate every single one of us until there are no more in the face of the earth. So I say, as a respected comrade, to hide yourselves well and train yourselves to become warriors. The humans are specifically targeting areas that have unusual crime activity, areas such as this one.

Starting today, I hereby disband the Vampire Academy. You are all allowed to enter this building at any time at your leisure, but remember the soldiers who will be scavenging for you. And at that note, I end this speech. You are all allowed to stay, but it is best to prepare for this potential war."

I scanned the hundreds of faces around the auditorium. Many had faces of terror, their eyes evident of fear for their life. People were on the verge of tears. Some flew out of the school. As for me, I had a black state of mind. I couldn't register what just happened.

'Was this what the black mist was speaking of?' 

I shook that disturbing thought out of my mind. A flashback rang through my mind, of the boy who showed his fangs in public.

'Shit, I have to meet Hunter after school.' I sighed with discontent then grabbed my belongings. The vampire race could be coming to an end, and now I have to meet up with some guy I never even liked. As if this day could get any worse. 

I waited in the parking lot for approximately 10 minutes, being occupied by my phone, before a boy with a vintage leather jacket shows up. He didn't have his crew with him. Seems a little odd. Hunter leaned up against the wall, next to me.

He pulled out a cigarette from his cartridge then lit it up. He inhaled deeply, and let out the smoke in one big puff. "Wondering why I called you out here?" Hunter asks, not facing me. 

I turned off my phone and turned to him. "Yes, I do, very much actually."                                                                                                                     

He blew a few more puffs of smoke, then took out the cigarette. "You know what the old man said wasn't complete bullshit. It's true what the humans wanted. But before they take us out, we should fight for our lives first. Don't you agree?"

"Yeah, I totally get it, but why the fu-"

Hunter cut me off and stared at me with bright crimson eyes. "I want to start a rebellion. And you seem like the perfect for a high position of authority. You have.. a unique way of thinking than others. You also are aggressive, the type who won't and can't be oppressed by anyone else. You seem like the type who would be fierce yet coordinated through battle. Not to mention... I have a feeling there's something special within you." 

I choked a little on my own spit. "Are you trying to say that I should join you and your group? No way I don't want to risk my life doing something useless!"

"That's the thing. It's not useless. You're risking your life to help fight for the sake of our superhuman bretheren. 

... Or you can let us die for the human abomination human kind thinks we are." 

The hairs behind my neck stood up straight. Where have I heard that line before?

He stood up straight and started walking away. "I'll give you until tomorrow to ponder about this. Meet me up at this same spot at the same time so you can tell me your decision."

Then Hunter stopped for a moment. "... And who throws a bottle of shampoo at a shadow?" 

A red alarm went off in my head. So he was the shadow from yesterday. 

Before I had the chance to thrash on him for seeing me naked, he was already gone. 

   While walking home through the path I did hundreds of times, I couldn't stop thinking about what Hunter said to me. 

"You're risking your life to help fight for the sake of our superhuman bretheren. 

... Or you can let us die for the human abomination human kind thinks we are." 

 He also mentioned there could be something 'special' within me. For all I know, he could just be fucking around so I can be persuaded to join. 

Are you really saying that, Hunter, or is that what you say to everyone?