“Hey, Kyukyu! Your phone case is so cuteeee! It’s nemooooooo!” I beamed excitedly as I snatched his phone and adored the adorable object. Hyukjae whom was sitting beside Kyuhyun smiled when he saw me swooning along with his best friend.

“I know right! It’s so cute just like it’s owner!” Kyuhyun quickly commented as he poked the nemo on the phone case, a foolish and proud grin creeping happily onto his face.

“Aish, poor nemo had the wrong owner then.” I retorted with a small teasing pout. Kyuhyun just stuck his tongue out at me.

“Kyukyu, can I keep the phone case? Pleaseeeeee?” I attempted a cute act, rounding my eyes a little bigger and blinking my eyelids a few times with an even longer pout. Hyukjae giggled at my childish side. Kyuhyun was panicking.

“Noooo! You can’t!” He said hastily and I immediately looked down. Kyuhyun noticed, so he quickly added just soon after.

“Of course you can’t, Hae. This phone case is cute, and I’m cute. So I have to own it.” He tried to reason with me, but I just pursed my lips even longer.

“But I’m cute too.” I said with a low voice.

“No, Hae. You aren’t cute. You’re beautiful.” Told Kyuhyun to me. I was just about to retort with another silly joke when the corner of my eyes caught Hyukjae staring at me. And thump! I heard my heart pounded harder than ever. All the jokes in my head diminished and I felt heat warming my face up as a hint of rosiness shaded my cheek.

I buried my face into Kyuhyun’s shoulder, trying to hide the intense blush from Hyukjae’s view, and I could discern Kyuhyun’s naughty giggle faintly amidst my chaotic and embarrassed mind.

That was when I realized that Hyukjae’s eyes meant something more than a friendship to me. That his smile could cause butterflies to flutter their wings inside me. And I knew immediately, that the past feelings I had for him since few years back just came rushing into me again. Like a river, it just came into me, flowing turbulently after being freed from the cage I built.

And since then, I could never behave the way I used to when he was around. Every little thing he said or did, I responded with such abrupt and excessive responses.

“Aish, Hae. You eat so messily. Don’t be so cute, or the girls will pinch your cheeks again.”

I spluttered my rice all over his face, my face flushed beet red and my eyes rounded with sheer disbelief.

“C-cute?! You—Did you just say that I’m c-cute?!”

“Oh my god, Hae. Since when did you become so hot?”

My eyes bulged out in surprise. Hyukjae’s eyes were staring at my abs. Despite the obvious blush across my face, I clumsily kicked Hyukjae’s shin hard before I covered my torso with my crumpled t-shirt. It was my attempt to hide my embarrassment. And my blush.