15

"Hey, girls," Cashey greets us with her high note. Apparently yeah, we're all girls. "Have you heard about the halloween party? I heard this year it's gonna be extra. Cuz it's on Dean's!"

"I've heard it from Matt," Nancy casually says.

"Show off! Yet you didn't tell us first," Cashey pouts. Nancy replies her with a sorry look and giggles.

"Umm.. Not at school? Or the school one is going to be held there?" I ask innocently. Half of them send me a puzzled look while the other half a shocked face.

"You're so pure and innocent, even more than our Jeanny," Gladys finally speaks up.

"No need to include me, thanks." Jeanne rolls her eyes.

"What?" I ask again.

"It's a party after school, babe." Cashey tries to explain.

"Definitely out of the school's business," Nancy adds.

"And come on, no one wants the school one. That sucks. This one is amazing!" Cashey continues.

"Err.. Okay?" I actually still don't get the whole hype. They all starts to tattle tale the highlight stories of that 'halloween party'. You know, something like, 'Do you remember when blahblah do blahblah last year?' or the few years before as well. Inside jokes and I definitely don't get it. We then disperse at the ring of the glorious bell.

~~

Since halloween is coming, the shop didn't miss it as well. With the touch of Pamela's hand that is super duper fabulous. Especially when it gets darker, absolute beauty. Black wallpapers, with neon stickers of pumpkins and ghosties in a fantastic graveyard. As well as the lights, on the table, and all. Everything is filled with the trick or treats candies. Cute with a little spook.

"Vincey wincey spider-"

"What the fuck. Do not ever say that again," he groans.

"Aww, come on. Isn't is very cute?"

"You think I would care for cute?" He glares.

"Alright, geez. You might care for not scaring the customers away."

"Just shut up."

"But hey, I want to ask," I tap his shoulder. He didn't budge a single bit, still busy wiping the counter. "You've been in that school for long enough right. You know that halloween afterparty, I heard it's on Dean's. But that's it? What's the hype?" I am so very curious.

Weirdly enough, he suddenly freeze on the spot. He seems to go through all sorts of emotions I can't comprehend as usual. Then he only says, "I don't know." I don't know why but I don't think so, though. He sounds weird. Something's fishy.

"Really? You've never been to one? I heard it's an annual party, everybody's been there."

"I said I don't know," he raises his voice, trying to emphasize his words. "Stop asking." The room gets colder in a second, ugh.

"Chill out. Why? You're scared of ghost?" I grin.

"You think I would?"

"No."

"You are so fucking weird." And he flicks. Sure, meeting him wouldn't be complete without getting flicked. Right?

"But.." He suddenly says.

"What?"

"I guess you would," he stares at something right behind me.

"Huh?" I turn around.