ii

Elsa could get back to the Enchanted Forest a lot faster on her own with Nokk, but she enjoyed having the company. Even if that company meant Kristoff gushing about Anna the whole ride up.

"Wait, wait, wait." Elsa laughed. "It took you a week to get the chance to propose to Anna?"

"Well, yeah. But--"

"Maybe you weren't the best person to bring," she joked.

"It was when all that weird voice stuff was going on with you. Anna was worried about you. Plus, I am the only one out of us that scored a girl."

"This is true." Elsa shook her head in disbelief. She still couldn't believe she'd agreed to this. "So what do you think I should do?"

"About what?"

"Uh... Honeymaren..."

"Oh. Be yourself. Tell her how you really feel."

"It's that easy?"

"Oh no, that's the hard part."

Elsa was confused. "What if she doesn't feel the same way? What if it ruins our friendship?"

"I'm sure that won't happen."

"How do you know?"

"I guess, I don't. Listen, Elsa, I don't actually have that much experience. Anna is my first, my last, and my only. I'm going to try my best to help you. That's a promise."

"Thanks, Kristoff." She smiled at him. "Oh! We're here!" Elsa jumped out of the sled, running into the Enchanted Forest.

She called out just like Honeymaren had told her to do.

Kristoff and Sven joined her at her side.

A few seconds passed, then the thundering of the reindeer could be heard.

"Honey!" Elsa cried when she saw Honeymaren leading the heard.

Oh, and Ryder was there too.

The reindeer came to stop in front of the trio.

"Elsa! I see you've brought friends." She put her hand out for Elsa to grab on to. Honeymaren hoisted Elsa up on to the back of her reindeer.

Ryder and Kristoff exchanged a few words.

"Ryder is probably ecstatic you brought Kristoff. He's missed his new reindeer buddy."

Elsa chuckled. "Please don't tell me they call each other reindeer buddies."

"Oh, they definitely do."

The two laughed together.

"One question, though; how'd you tear apart the lovebirds?"

"Magic."

Honeymaren laughed her soft giggle that sounded like bells. Elsa melted. Well, as much as a woman with ice powers can melt.

"No, really, I think he just wanted a break. It's a lot of work being married to the queen." Elsa shrugged her shoulders.

"Good for him. How is Anna doing, by the way?" Honeymaren had started the reindeer at a slow trot.

"Wonderfully. She's amazing as queen."

"That's great. Do you ever miss it?"

"Being queen? No." She laughed. "I adore being with you. Up here. With you, up here in the Enchanted Forest." She spoke quickly, as she almost blew it.

She couldn't see Honeymaren's reaction but she was 99% sure that she grinned.

As Elsa smoothed her dress down, her lizard friend, Bruni, darted up the leg of the reindeer and onto her lap.

"How are you, my fine friend?"

Honeymaren glanced over her shoulder, smiling at Elsa talking to the creature.

Bruni responded by setting himself on fire. Elsa created a flurry for him and he caught the snowflakes on his tongue causing her to laugh.

"Do you ever miss Arendelle?" Honeymaren asked, this time more quietly.

"Yes, but, only because it was the only home I've ever known. I'm glad to be away. To be making my own home."

Bruni jumped out of her hands and down into the underbrush of the forest, disappearing. Elsa gave a small wave to the memory of him.

"I love that."

Elsa swooned. She swooned so hard she had to grab onto Honeymaren's waist to keep from falling off the reindeer.

"Oh!" Elsa said in exclamation. "Almost fell off there."

"Sorry."

"Not your fault." Elsa started to take her arms off of her.

"You can keep holding on."

A warmth rushed to Elsa's cheeks. She would hold onto Honeymaren's waist for forever if she could.

Ryder and Kristoff finally caught up with them, both on their individual deer.

Kristoff winked at Elsa and mouthed "how'd that happen?"

Elsa just smiled at him.

"I'll lead the reindeer back, if you want to do what we talked about," Ryder said, addressing his sister.

Elsa face showed surprise. "Do what?" She asked in a hushed voice.

"Thanks. See you guys later." Honeymaren turned the deer away from the group.

In a few seconds they were on there own. Elsa's mind was racing.

"What's happening? What are we doing?"

Honeymaren brought the reindeer to a stop. She slipped off, then offered her hand to Elsa. She took it and also slipped off.

"What's happening?" Elsa nervously smiled, laughing to hide her nerves.

"Shh." Honeymaren put a finger to her own lips.

"Honey, tell me. Please." Elsa put her hands on Honeymaren's forearms.

Honeymaren smirked. "Shh." This time she put one finger on Elsa's lips.

Elsa trembled. She didn't want her to pull her finger away from her lips. Honeymaren then grabbed her hand, leading her deeper into the forest.

"Honey... what are you doing?" She tried to hide the shake in her breath. She was so anxious.

Anxious to be alone with her.

With Honeymaren.

"Shh."