"We already said grace." Max informed him as he took a seat.

"So..?" his mother asked, obviously referring to Katrina.

"So?" he asked in forced innocence.

"Rhye Andrew Collins, it isn't nice to play games with your poor ole' momma." she said in true southen fashion.

Rhye and the rest of the men laughed.

"Her name is Katrina Marie Davis. She was in a group home for young women. She was going to be kicked out next week, unless she could convince some man she was worthy of marriage, which she was convinced she was useless for. I don't know what possessed me, but the thought of her marrying someone else bothered me more than I care to admit, so I asked her to marry me and she agreed. Then on the way home Tyler mentioned she had other options than just becoming my wife, when I mentioned those to her she declined them and admitted she want's to marry me as much as I want to marry her. She knows she can make a great wife if she can just have a little time to find her talents." Rhye said between bites of ham.

"Aw that poor dear. Of course she can have some time." his mother fretted.

Rhye nodded. "That's what I told her." he mumbled through his mouth of mashed potatoes.

"Rhye! Use some manners." Mrs. Collins scolded.

"She has really bad anxiety and a skin and hair picking disorder." Joe reminded Rhye.

"mhhhh"  Rhye mumbled again as he bit into a roll. He knew he was rushing through all of this, but he wanted to eat so he could get back and check on Kat.

"Chew boy!" his dad reprimanded as he walked into the house. "and why are you sitting at the table with your hat on?"

"Because this is my house and I can do as I please." he said as he shoved another roll in his mouth.

"This is my food and I can do as I please with it as well." Mrs. Collins argued.

"Rhye take it off!" Tyler and Taylor begged.

"She is going to take the food." Max cried as he shoveled butter beans in his open mouth.

Rhye sighed and pulled his hat and set in on the table.

"Thank you!" Tyler, Taylor, Max and Joe all exclaimed as they continued eating.

He shook his head. He swore he could pay these boys with his momma's cooking.

"So, what is this I hear about you bringing home a woman?" his dad asked with a coy smile.

""Her name is Katrina Davis. She was in a group home for young women. She was going to be kicked out next week, unless she could convince some man she was worthy of marriage, which she was convinced she was useless for. I don't know what possessed me, but the thought of her marrying someone else bothered me more than I care to admit, so I asked her to marry me and she agreed. Then on the way home Tyler mentioned she had other options than just becoming my wife, when I mentioned those to her she declined them and admitted she want's to marry me as much as I want to marry her. She knows she can make a great wife if she can just have a little time to find her talents." Rhye repeated. He was begging to learn the little speech by heart.

"How are you going to work with her anxiety?" Mr. Collins asked.

"I am thinking about using the therapist we used after Hea.... ummm, the therapist we all used when we went to counseling. I figured I would make her an appointment tomorrow."

"Today, It is fifteen past three." Max corrected.

Rhye nodded.

"I know you aren't going to keep her here with you. That will ruin the poor girls reputation." his momma scolded.