"she marry me!" grundel yelled. holding my skirts up, i still ran, not daring to slow down or look back.

"that's the toad we've been telling you about!" a jitterbug explained. cornelius glowered in anger and flew away. "we meet at last mr toad!" he boomed as he unsheathed his sword and pointed it at him threateningly.

i didn't know any of this was happening of course, i was still running.

"fairy prince?" grundel whimpered. he turned to mr beetle and his fingers closed around his throat. "fairy prince? no!" mr beetle let out a yelp. "you killed him," grundel growled. mr beetle shrugged cheekily so he punched him. "agh!" grundel grabbed a torch that ms fieldmouse was carrying and made his way to cornelius.

not paying attention i ran into a cobweb. "ahh!" i thrashed to get through. finally it broke and i sighed in relief. then i saw a light! an escape! i could reach the surface! "the sun!! the sun is shining again!" i exclaimed.

meanwhile grundel and cornelius were fighting. the toad was waving his torch at the fairy prince and he kept dodging his attacks. when he was distracted cornelius poked him in the behind. "aghhh!" grundel yelped and jumped two feet up in the air. cornelius waved his sword menacingly, laughing. "come on! show me what you got!" he chided.

as soon as those words left his lips grundel smacked cornelius hard in the hand. "oof," he grunted as he fell to the ground, resulting in the toad laughing. as he walked past cornelius's hand shot up and grabbed grundel's leg. "ahh!" he fell over the edge of the bridge. cornelius persisted and still kept his grip on the toad.

grundel climbed up and had his arms wrapped around the fairy. "let me go!" cornelius grunted. suddenly he heard a shriek. my shriek. his face whipped around. "y/n," he breathed. grundel took this to his advantage and grabbed him, and they both toppled over the edge of the bridge.

in the meantime i was climbing the hill of treasure, desperate to get to the hole emitting light. i was so close. "y/n! come back!" mr mole exclaimed and the crowd ran after him. "uh oh," i gasped. suddenly an idea got in my head. i pushed a ruby and it caused an avalanche of treasures cascading down the hill. then i climbed up to the hole. every step i took was a step closer to freedom. finally, i got out of the hole and now was on the surface.

i nearly forgot it was winter, and a gust of wind made me shiver. i could see my breath as i shuddered. this was way better than being married to the mole, however. "oh! the sun!" i sighed happily and giggled as i twirled around. suddenly i heard singing

and always follow your heart

i turned and gasped. "jacquimo, it's you!" he chuckled. "of course! c'est moi! oh y/n, i found it! i've found the vale of the fairies!" my face fell. "oh, jacquimo...."

"no, no please listen. it is true. i talk to the rabbit who talk to the fox who talk to the deer who know for sure! you see- i show you. jump on!" he grabbed me. "hang on!"

"no, no! jacquimo!" i protested. he hummed and flew away.

time skip

we were flying in the air to the vale of fairies. "we go find us a fairy prince!" jacquimo said happily.my heart began to ache. "oh that's impossible," i sighed sadly.