• Chapter Five •

Start from the beginning

"Why won't those idiots let me kill her?" Allison groaned.

Aaliyah smirked at her best friend in amusement although she silently agreed with her.

"Seriously, what good has ever happened since she got here?" The blonde asked.

"For one, Jace isn't interested in himself as much now that she's arrived." Aaliyah replied causing Allison to look at her best friend.

"But he's always around her now, stuck by her side and following her around like a little lost puppy." The younger Wayland twin rolled her eyes. "Doesn't that bother you in the slightest?" She sat down next to the dark haired girl.

Aaliyah stood silent for a moment, the night's events replaying in her head. She shook a head with a frown. "It doesn't matter what I think." She answered softly.

Allison frowned softly. "Liyah.." She sighed lightly. "I am so sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.." She apologised, knowing her best friend's situation with her twin.

"You didn't, I'm fine." A smile was now on Aaliyah's face but Allison saw right through it.

The following morning, all three girls - Allison, Isabelle and Aaliyah- walked through the halls and found Clary sitting by herself

"There you are." Isabelle smiled lightly walking over, Allison and Aaliyah keeping their distance.

"I saw my Mom." Clary said looking up to the raven haired girl. "And then your brother--" Isabelle cut her off.

"I heard. Liyah told me." The raven haired woman said with a small smile.

Clary looked at the short girl before returning her gaze to Isabelle who took a seat next to her.

"Believe me, there were many times where I wanted to kill Alec." The older twin said with a roll of her eyes and smiled softly. "I know he can be a pain in the ass but he means well." She tried reasoning.

"I'll take the risk on my own." Clary responded.

"But you're not on your own. You are part of us now." Isabelle said softly.

"Yeah, right." Allison muttered under her breath.

Changing the subject, Isabelle's bright smile was back. "Tell me what's your Mom like."

Clary laughed slightly. "She's kind, fun, the kind of person you always want to be around." A smile came to the girl's face as she spoke about her mother. "My friends would always want to hang out at my house just to be around her."