cold hands

Her pitiful lament could be heard over the screams, quivering in my sleep and being burning hot in cold sweat, the withering loss of sanity catching up. I lay restless in endless nights thinking of her smile. Her lofty smile lay amongst the smooth grass hiding her innocence within the grounds I provide. Walking past her shadow feeling shallow, I see the tree where she would lay, I see the steed she would mount, I see her smile burned into my mind hidden amongst the mist of the marsh. She'll never leave me. I look over the marsh and my future, the future she will never be a part of. "it wasn't what I want, its what I asked for" I knew what I was getting myself into, but she's different there was something mysterious about her that ill never know; and I only have myself to blame. All I can do is close my eyes and hope tomorrow brings brighter lights, because being scared of yourself in the dark unleashes a world of terror. A terror unimaginable beyond human comprehension.

Its been longer than expected and not a day goes by where I don't think about her, I loved her I really did. But I couldn't do much with her easy words her empty words with blank expression. I hold her memory tight, hoping the sand of her entity doesn't slip through my fingers, I never want to forget her.