Just a Dream

I ran through the forest with puddles splashing onto the tips of my sneakers, twigs scratching my sides leaving cuts and bruises, and my closest friend, Celia, running with me. "We've got to get out of here!" She yelled. I could barely hear her. All I thought of was what we were running away from and why. Then, I saw it. I had tripped over a log. "Get up!" Celia yelled "Come on!" I struggled to get up. When I finally got to my feet, I turned around to see a big, black shadow figure. I was scared. I didn't know what to think. "Maleah!!" Celia screamed from behind me.

I woke up. I was sweating and panting, trying to think of what just happened. I looked around my room. I sighed in relief. My dream had turned to a blur and was slowly leaving my mind. I decided to get up and get and get some breakfast. I ran down the stairs, straight to the kitchen, and grabbed the carton of milk. I poured it into the bowl, following with the cereal. I carried the bowl to the table and had a seat with my younger brother, Jermaine. "Mornin'" he said in between crunches. "Hey" I responded. I was still a little frightened by my dream. What did it mean? I thought. "Mom went out with her friends for a while" Jermaine said interrupting my thoughts. "She also told me to remind you to drop me off at Omar's house" He said as he got up to put his bowl in the sink. Boy, for a 6 year old he sure does talk alot. "I'll do it after I wash myself up" I said. Jermaine ran in the living room with his bag and waited. "Give me some time will ya?" I yelled from the kitchen, washing my bowl.

I ran upstairs to get washed right when I got a call from Celia. I answered it of course cause she was my closest friend. "You're on speaker" I said as I place my phone on the corner of the bathroom sink. "Okay, you know that project for Mr. Morris's class?"  Celia said. Celia was always up-to-date with her school work. When I say straight A student, I mean she got nothing lower than a 95. "Yeah?" I responded. "Well, I couldn't find my science book and I wondered if I could use yours?" It was unlike Celia to forget something. Unbelievable almost. "Yeah, I'll text you when to come over" I said. "Okayy~ Thanks! Bye!" And then she hung up the phone.

I finally finished washing myself up and ran downstairs,grabbed my car keys, and dashed out to the car with Jermaine. "Play-time, Play-time, Play-time!" He chanted. I just wished he could shut up. I didn't understand why I had to drive him two blocks down to Omar's house. I guess mom didnt want him to walk. It's not everyday you see a 6 year old walking on the streets.