7

When I get back to the school I go to the field and sit in the stands, watching the boys warm up. Wells is juggling a ball while talking to some other guy on the team. They both laugh when the ball falls.

I change my attention to the other team. These guys look like they could beat our boys. This is going to be on hell of a game.

"AYE TIKTOK!" some kids yell out from the other side of the stands.

Wells, Mattia, Kairi, and Alejandro all look up. They all roll their eyes and go back to doing what they were doing before.

I wait for the game to start and soon after it does.

If I'm being honest I don't really understand soccer. All I know is that people kick the ball and try and get it into the other goal.

"Do you understand what's going on?" someone asks from next to me. I look up and see a cute boy.

"If I'm being honest. I have no clue about anything that's going on." I say.

"Great. Now I have no idea when to cheer or not," the boy looks at me and smiles. "I'm Alex."

I smile back, "I'm Skye. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you. So...what team are you cheering for?" Alex asks me.

"Home team. My brother is on the team." I look back at the game.

"Ah I guess we can't be friends. I'm here for the other team," he says. I roll my eyes playfully, "I'm playing, I'm playing. Are you hungry? I saw some concessions at the entrance."

"I could go for a snack," We both stand up. I look out at the field again to see what's happening. I see Mattia staring at me. His new is clenched and eyes a little squinted. I look away. "Lead the way."

Alex walks me to the concession stand. I already knew where it was, I mean come on, I go to this school.

"And what would you guys like?" the cashier asks us.

"I'll have some M&Ms. Skye?"

"Uh. I'll just have a water." I start to pull out my wallet when Alex stops me.

"Woah. I'm paying. Can we get two M&Ms and the water please." He says to the cashier.

They nod and grab the food and drink. He gives them money and we walk back to the stands.

"You didn't have to do that." I tell Alex.

"I know. But I'm not gonna let a pretty girl pay for food that I can buy her myself. It isn't right. Besides my parents raised me better than letting you pay."

"Thank you," I smile at him. He smiles at me and then when I look away he throws an M&M. "You didn't!" I yell.

"Oh but I did." He throws another one.

I giggle and throw some at him.

Eventually the game ends and Alex and I say goodbye. My team won.

I hop down to the field to go talk to Wells and the boys.

"Skye what in gods name were you talking to Alex Brookes for?" Mattia yells at me.

"Woah. Calm down. I don't even know who he is. He just bought me food and we talked. You know what, why do you even care?"

Mattia looks flustered, "He's bad news." and then he storms off.

"The fuck was that?" Wells asks me as he walks up. We start walking toward the parking lot.

"I don't know. He got mad at me because I was hanging out with a kid named Alex Brookes. He started yelling like we're dating and I cheated on him." I tell Wells.

"Oh...well. Alex is kind of a bad person, I mean of what I've heard about him."

We reach the car and Wells starts putting his stuff in it. We climb into the car together. "What have you heard about him?" I ask.

"You don't need to know." Wells says.

I roll my eyes and pout.

Soon we're home and I go upstairs to my room.

I'm just watching TV when all of a sudden I hear Wells yelling.

"Skye WHAT THE FUCK!"

Shit.

A/n

I'm tired.
And sad.

I'm lowkey always sad.
It's ok tho.

Just keep swimming.
-dory

-Eve