Chapter 1

Smoke, fire, and a ringing in my ears. That's all I could remember. That and being grabbed. Why didn't they just kill me, like they killed everyone else on my planet, a mass slaughter of innocent people. Men women and children, all dead and for what? My father, my sisters and all of my people, gone just like that.

I felt a tight grip around my ribs and another holding up my legs. I could feel warmth as if I was pressed to someone's chest, but I couldn't open my eyes. I wouldn't. What was the point anyway, I had been taken from my home. I had everything I cared about ripped away from me. I'm all alone in the galaxy.

My body felt strange, almost numb. I assume this was due to the cold, but from where the cold was coming I had no idea. My planet was warm, green, and beautiful, or at least it was. I involuntarily shivered, causing my body to tense against the cold slaps of wind that met my clammy skin.

From the throbbing I felt I knew I was injured, I didn't know where or how badly, but it hurt like hell never the less. Almost to much to bear.

After a while I felt a warm burst of air as I heard a door open, and then loud thundering footsteps. They were coming from right under me so I assumed they belonged to whoever had taken it upon themselves to be my rescuer. Whoever it was, his frame was large, and his grip tight around me.

If i wasn't so terrified it might even have been comforting, but it wasn't. I heard the door slide shut behind us. There was chatter and the sound of machinery being operated but I didn't dare open my eyes to look. The walk to wherever we were going felt like it lasted a life time.

After what seemed like forever another door slid open and a sterile smell hit my nose, something like a medical unit. It was very quiet the only sounds consisted of the beeping of monitors and the heavy footstep I had been hearing all along. I felt something cold against my back as I was laid down on what I assumed to be a examination table. I needed to open my eyes, I needed to see what was happening, but I was terrified.

I groaned trying to move myself into a comfortable position. This caused me an exceptional amount of pain resulting in a loud scream. It took me a moment to realize that it had actually come from me. My eyes snapped open, the searing pain giving me motivation to look at where I was injured.

"Stay clam" a nurse said trying to restrain my arms, "You're going to hurt yourself more, just calm down" she insisted. I screamed again, the pain shooting though me like lightning. "Fuck" I screeched, slamming my fist against the metal beneath me, why the hell weren't they doing anything. "We need to sedate her" the nurse yelled. I screamed again and again until my throat felt like it was on fire.

There was shuffling and a struggle, but before I knew it a needle sunk it's way into my neck. I immediately fell limp. The screams quieted and the sobs slowed but the pain was everlasting. Before my eyes dropped, I remember hearing myself mutter one word.

"Help"

————————————————————

As I slowly reawoke, everything was blurry. Blurry and very bright. I groaned prying my eyes open to see a white room. White walls, white floor, white medical gown. I turned my head only to be met with pain. Not as bad as the pain that I felt before I was sedated, just a numb tingling pain.

A doctor walked by my door as I sat up. Noticing my struggle, he rushed in to aid me. "Your awake" he said adjusting the bed to a sitting position. I didn't reply, still immensely confused by the entire situation. "Would you like some food, maybe some water? I know that sedation drug might have made you feel a bit funny. My apologies. It was for your safety" he continued as he checked the IV that was in my arm and my vitals that were displayed on the monitor. Again, silence.

"Ok, well when you need something just press this button and I'll come. I've called for Master Ren, he will be here shortly" I froze. Master Ren, as in Kylo Ren. I began to panic, throwing my legs over the bed in an attempt to get up. "Wait no stop" the doctor demanded but I wasn't listening. I needed to find a way out.

Pain shot up my legs as my feet met the floor and I hissed at the agony before dropping to my knees. I couldn't even hold my own weight, let alone run away. As I lifted my gown to examine the searing pain, I saw a large bloody bandage was taped to my side, the red liquid slipping from my body coating the cloth. I felt defeated, so small and useless. I sobbed, pulling the garment back into place as I tried my best to force myself to my feet. Ren would be coming to take me to my execution I presumed. At least then the pain would be over.

"Let me help you" a nurse said rushing into the room. She grabbed my forearms and helped me sit back in the bed. "Please don't let him kill me" I pleaded as she left the room hastily with the male doctor in tow.

The sound of heavy boots filled the hallways outside my room and I curled into a ball sobbing, thinking those moments might be my last. A tall dark figure appeared in my doorway. It was him, Kylo Ren, helmet and all. I felt as if I couldn't breath, or move.

I was frozen in fear once again. He took a few steps into my room before the door closed behind him. He made slow strides over to were I sat before stopping at the foot of the bed. "Princess" his robotic voice hissed through his helmet. I didn't reply.

"I assume the medical staff has taken good care of you?" He asked, his head shifting across the room as he examined his surroundings. "They wouldn't need to care for me at all if you hadn't destroyed my plant" I replied harshly, the words leaving my mouth before I even got the chance to think them over, my voice shaky making it apparent that I had been crying. I sounded much less intimidating then I had expecting, my hiccuping sobs interrupting my words as I tried to speak.

"I was only doing what's best for everyone. Your father allowed rebel scum to build a base on your planet." He said back, sounding as if my comment had annoyed him. "Rebel scum," I scoffed. "They've never done a thing to hurt anyone, unlike the first order" I replied pointedly. Kylo froze where he was standing and stared at me. "I would watch myself if I were you, Princess." Kylo spoke slowly, threateningly, as he moved closer to me.

I could hear his breathing as he leaned in, his mask only inches from my face. "You may have been royalty back on Rhymna, but here, you are nothing."