II. Restaurant Reunion

Start from the beginning

Bill chokes on his drink, nearly spilling it all over the table. Fleur chuckles, looking around at everyone. She notices that Mike would always look at her with such a sad look every now and then. The others don't know about Stanley yet.

"He totally fell for it." Richie laughs. "Fuck you." Eddie says once again. "Sometimes, she'd put her arm around me and she'll whisper to me." Richie then makes a Java the hut impression, leaning over an empty chair.

"We all get it. My mom is a great big fat person! Hilarious! Hysterical!" Eddie says sarcastically as the others continue to laugh.

••••

After finally getting their food, they calm down a bit and have small talk. "Wait, let's talk about the elephant not in the room. Ben, What the fuck, man." Richie chuckles. "Okay, okay. Obviously, I lost a few pounds." Ben says, causing Beverly to smile at him.

"Yeah, no shit you lost a few pounds." Fleur says, chuckling. "You're hot!" Richie shouts. "You're like every Brazilian soccer player wrapped up into one person." He adds. "Leave him alone. You're embarrassing him." Beverly says.

"Okay, okay! Come on, please. Stanley coming or what?" Ben asks, pointing to the empty seat. Mike glances at Fleur for a moment, who's smile immediately disappears. She doesn't reply, she just stares at the empty seat beside her.

"Stan." Eddie says, feeling memories return. "Stanley Urine!" Richie says. "He's a fucking pussy, he's not gonna show." Richie shakes his head. "He's not a pussy, Rich." Fleur says weakly.

"Why would Stanley save you anyway? Was I not the one who basically performed surgery on you after Bowers cut you up? Holy shit! That's right!" Eddie says, smiling. Fleur takes her drink, drinking it quickly.

"Please tell me you ended up becoming a doctor, Eds." Beverly says. "No, I ended up becoming a risk analyst." Eddie responds. "That's really interesting. What does that intail?" Richie asks, crossing his arms.

"So, I work for like a big insurance firm and uh.." Eddie trails off as he looks to Richie, who was pretending to have fallen asleep. The others laugh, except for Fleur who's mind wouldn't stop being clouded with memories of Stanley.

The two 16 years olds chuckle along as they run across the rocky lake. "Come on, let's go swimming!" Stanley calls out, taking the blonde's hand. "Stan, no. I'm terrified of water." She whines. "We beat a killer clown when we were thirteen. Look, I'll hold your hand the entire way through. Maybe I can teach you to swim." Stanley offers, smiling kindly.

"Alright, fine." Fleur gives in, taking his hand as they submerge in the water. At some point, Fleur feels her hand break from Stanley's and begins to panic.

"Stanley! Stan!" She cries out. "Stan!" She turns around, finding no one. "I'm here." Stanley says, wrapping his arms around her. "I'm so sorry, I thought I could teach you to swim." He holds her tight, placing his forehead onto hers.

"You're safe, Fleur. I've got you." Fleur cries into his shoulder as he places his hand on the back of her head in comfort.

"Fuck you." Eddie says. "Was this job invented before fun?" Richie asks. "That's So not funny." Eddie snaps back as the others chuckle. "It is funny." Richie argues.