𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺

Start from the beginning

✺      · ✹ ⋆     . *     . ✫   ✦ . ˚    ✷ ˚ ⋆    ˚   ˚         ✷       ·

Almost four months later, we've begun to plan more for our future family. We had let our families know that it was our next step, which made both of our parents more than excited about the idea of becoming grandparents. Especially for a grandchild that comes from both sides.

"Hey Finn," I say, leaving the bathroom. Finn's laying in our bed, answering emails on his laptop.

"Yeah?" he says, looking up from his screen.

"I missed my period this month," I tell him.

"Is that good?" his face lights up, anxious for me to continue.

"I have a late birthday present," I say, my hands obviously hidden behind my back.

His eyebrows scrunch together in confusion for a second before he realizes. We've been "trying" basically every other night. Not seriously enough that we'd seen a doctor to plan the pregnancy, but I had stopped taking my birth control pills. It was more just fun, having sex with the idea that we would actually conceive a child from it.

"Wait, is this what I think it is?" he chimes in joy as he pieces things together.

I nod my head yes.

"If you're joking I'm gonna kill both of us," he jokes.

I pull the pregnancy test out from behind my back. He stands up and excitedly grabs it from me and looks at it. He examines the two lines that mark positive. His face is blank for a second, as he lets the information sink in.

"We're pregnant!," I exclaim.

"Oh my god," he says. "You're pregnant!" He looks at me with this goofy smile, reminding me of why I'm in love with him.

"Yep."

"This is the best birthday gift ever. Thank you," he says, kissing my cheek.

"Don't thank me, it's your sperm," I remind him.

"I know, it's just that this has been my dream for years, and you're the only person I can imagine having a family with. So, it means the world to me," he rants.

"It means the world to me too," I respond, tears welling up in my eyes. He grabs my face and gives me a huge kiss.

"Do you know how far you are?"

"Like five or six weeks, I think. I took the test just now, but I had morning sickness yesterday and today."

"If you get sick again, tell me."

"I will."

He looks at the test again, smiling to himself as he observes the two lines.

"I feel like this has been thirty years in the making," he says, looking at me. "I've known you since before you were born, and now we're gonna have our own family together," he adds, gently placing the palm of his hand on my abdomen.