Chapter Fourteen - Sticking Together

Start from the beginning

He notices she's not drinking his blood.

"She's not breathing", Elijah says. "She's not responding"

Elijah grabs a chair and smashes it against a wall.

"There's chamomile in the pantry", Jane-Anne says. "I need some"

"I got it", Kenneth says, whooshing away in a blur.

"Who was that?", Rebekah asks.

"A friend", Jane-Anne says.

Chamber de chasse

Mikael vamp-speeds behind Mira, holding her in a headlock.

"You were foolish to bed him, Mira", Mikael tells her. "He does not deserve you!"

"Niklaus told me the real truth. You broke our relationship you son of a bitch!", Mira tells him. She suddenly gets worried. "Oh my gosh, the baby!"

"The baby?!", Mikael shouts. "Just think, I kill you, the child will never be born. And the bastard, fancying himself a father!"

Fed up with Mikael talking negatively about Klaus, Mira shouts and elbows him in his stomach. She turns around and pushes him in his face.

"I've had enough of you talking negatively about Klaus. He will be a great father", Mira tells Mikael, making her eyes glow golden with protruding veins. She magically thrust her hand at him, giving him an aneurysm spell. He groans. "I love Klaus, and you will never ever hurt him again!"

~*~*~

Reality

Mira gasps awake from her fight with Mikael.

"Mira", Klaus says. Mira sits up straight on the table. "You alright, love"

"I saw him. I saw Mikael", she tells him.

Klaus looks concerned.

~*~*~

That evening, Mira is sitting on Klaus's bed, resting her hand on her medium sized baby bump.

"Mira?", Klaus says. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine", she says to him. "I understand why you hate him so much"

"What did he say to you?", Klaus asks her.

"Nothing worth hearing", Mira tells him. "Besides, Mikael lost the "Father of the Year" award

Klaus chuckles, softly. "Can I show you something?"

"What is it?", Mira asks him, confusingly.

"It's a surprise", Klaus says with a slight smile.

Mira gets up from the bed and walks to him. He opens a door to another room. Inside, a baby nursery.

"Klaus", Mira says, astonished, walking to the crib. She gently takes the plush teddy bear and holds it in her hands.

"I hope our daughter will love it", Klaus says, walking to the crib. "What do you think?"

"It's wonderful", Mira says with a smile. She looks at him with a smile. "I love it"

Klaus smiles. Mira puts the plush teddy bear back in the crib.

"I'll leave you to admire the crib", Klaus say, starting to walk away.

"Niklaus?", Mira says. He turns around to her. She walks to him and kisses him. He kisses her back. Withdrawing from the kiss, they look at each other.

"We may have monsters lurking around within us. I know, for a fact, that we will be good parents for our daughter", Mira says to him. "I am so proud of the man that you're aiming to be for our daughter"

"And I want to be the man you deserve", Klaus says to her. "The man that loves you, protects you, and to help you whenever your darkness escalates or whenever a gray cloud is over you"

Mira looks at him. He pulls out a ring-box from inside his jacket pocket. Opening it, a ring is inside.

She looks at the ring and looks at him. "Klaus?"

"I wanted to wait until after our child is born, seems like I couldn't", Klaus says, getting down on one knee.

"Klaus, I—", Mira says, shockingly.

"I know we've been through wedges between us, and I know we've had our ups and downs. It didn't stop me from loving you. No matter how hard we tried to hurt each other. I want to be the man you deserve, and the father that our child needs...Miranda Leuven, will you marry me?"

Mira looks at him, shocked. She didn't know what to say. She didn't think that Klaus Mikaelson would ask her to marry him.

"Yeah", she says with a smile. "I'll marry you Klaus"

Klaus smiles and slides the engagement ring on Mira's left hand ring finger

Klaus smiles and slides the engagement ring on Mira's left hand ring finger. He gets up to his feet and they kiss.

Any vote and comment?