Everything We Need

Start from the beginning

Kylo Ren led a swarm of Stormtroopers into the now empty Mine. He turned and entered the main command center, bending down carefully to retrieve the gold dice lying on the ground. His head snapped up suddenly, feeling the force connect him once again to Rey. The remaining Resistance fighters boarded the Falcon, Rey ushering them all in as she stood at the entrance ramp. She looked down to see Kylo kneeling below, her eyes hardened as they silently stared at each other. Kylo saw a flash of familiar blue eyes in Rey's mind before she slammed the button, closing the ramp and their connection. The Millenium Falcon took off into space as the group rejoiced in their escape and reuniting with friends. Rey bent down to greet BB-8, while Poe and Athena watched her from the side. The two walked up to greet their savior, "Hi." "Hi" Rey smiled standing back up straight. "I'm Poe" "Rey" the two shook hands briefly before her eyes fell back on Athena. "Athena" the girl with the scar smiled, outstretching her hand as well. Rey graciously took it, but still looked at the girl confused. How was this possible? From what she had seen it was not.

Rey sat down on a crate, holding Luke's split lightsaber. She could feel he was gone, but she felt he had not left with pain, but with peace and purpose. Leia placed her hand gently on Rey's shoulder as she sat down beside her. "How do we build a Rebellion from this?" She looked down to the destroyed lightsaber, that resembled how she felt, split in two. Leia's hand softly was placed over hers, "We have everything we need." Leia discreetly looked to Athena, standing and laughing with Poe and other members. Rey followed her gaze behind her, to the girl who so very much puzzled her. "I've seen her before in-" Rey's confession was cut short by the General whispering, "In his mind." Rey nodded, surprised she knew her next words. "Yeah I would imagine you would." Leia sighed, looking to the unassuming Athena. "He thinks she's..." Rey trailed off envisioning the large flames she had seen through the force, listening to Leia's heavy sigh. "They both can never know the truth, Rey. Not while this war rages on."

Two Months Later

Athena was squatted down, cautiously maneuvering around in the tall blades of grass. Her blaster was cradled tightly in between her hands, index finger hovering above the trigger. She silently moved around, the grass barely moving, as her face was hardened in determination. An image of black fabric, brushing against blades of grass up ahead, burst into her mind. Athena smirked to herself, tiptoeing forward. A black jacket and black hair wordlessly backed into frame, Athena quickly pouncing forward and wrapping her hand around their mouth, dragging them back down into her. The person shocked sounds were muffled against her palm as the tiniest sound of grass rubbing together had her whipping around, person still pinned against her chest. Athena pointed her blaster at the wide eyed person who attempted to sneak up behind her, "Gotcha" she grinned. The person quickly held up his hands in resignation. She removed her hand and arm from her prisoner, the man groaning loudly. "How do you catch us every time?" Poe demanded turning to face the girl, Finn laughing in the background. Athena only shrugged holstering her blaster back onto her hip. "It's like you can see the future or something!" Athena shoved Poe laughing as the three turned back, exiting the tall grass and onto the landing strip of the new Resistance base. New recruits jogged past them, sweat making their uniforms discolored. "I'm serious Athena, how can you find us every time?" Poe interrogated. "I don't know, maybe you're just too predictable." Poe gasped mockingly hurt at Athena's teasing words. The setting sun illuminated a golden C-3PO who shuffled over to the motley crew, "Mr. Dameron and Miss Stryker, the General is looking for you." Poe and Athena turned to each other questioningly, wondering what they both were needed for. Departing from Finn, the two entered the main building, jogging down the steps and into the Command Center. The General was going over information on a data pad with Lieutenant Connix. "General, you wanted to see us?" Poe questioned leaning against a surrounding table. Leia looked up at the two, some of the best Resistance Fighters in her opinion, and quickly dismissed the Lieutenant and turned her full attention to them. Athena smiled at the woman, who had become like another mother to her since she had recruited her over 9 years ago.