hours later, they were landing on the sandy shores of the Academy isle.

as soon as they were safely landed, Ubercorn rushed out, trunk in-hoof.

His parents, who had come to wish him goodbye, followed behind. Unlike Ubercorn, they wern't impressed by what they saw at all. The Go Jet academy was not a place that unicorns belonged.
But, this was what Ubercorn had his eyes set on. so they needed to say their final, supportive goodbyes to their son.

Soon, they reached a desk.
Ubercorn would be registered.
He'd be a part of the Go Jet Academy.

" Name? "
The Go Jetter at the desk asked. not looking up from his paper.

" Ubercorn!! " Ubercorn chirped. clapping his hooves together in exitement, tail wagging slightly.

" That's a weird nam- OH MY GOD-!! " The jetter said, looking up to see the young unicorn, and his parents. the whole thing looked slightly unreal, but it was very much was real.

" It's nice to meet you! " Ubercorn chirped.

The nervous looking Jetter crossed the Unicorn's name off his list.

" Just drop your belongings over there, and say your goodbyes.." The jetter said, his face slightly pale, and clammy.

Ubercorn gave a bright nod and smile, carrying his trunk to the pile of suitcases, stacked onto a delivery carriage that the Jetter had directed him to.

Then, he turned to his parents.

" Well, this is goodbye. " He said, looking up to them.

" I guess so. " His father said. " Good luck, son. "

" Thank you. " Ubercorn said, hugging his parents, before running off, a big grin on his face.

The next week was quite a ride for Ubercorn.

He didn't exactly fit in at the Go Jet Academy either.

Everyone else there was human. and most mocked or made fun of him.

Some would say that he was 'girly' becuase he had purple hair, or just the fact he was a unicorn.

Others called him 'unreal' or 'a freak of nature'.

Some asked if he could use magic, and abandoned him as soon as they got the 'no' from Ubercorn.

Once again, he'd become the outcast.

but still, Ubercorn never found himself down in the dumps.
He had done so much just to get himself to the academy. this was his chance to prove to everyone a Unicorn didn't need magic to be strong!

But still, he found himself alone, an outcast to society.

Everytime he did something, it wasn't celebrated. he wasn't treated like a teammate, a friend, by any of the other first years.

Ubercorn sat at the docks, on his own. Watching the pink-orange sunset. the sun making the ocean glimmer, as if there were diamonds on it's surface.

Ubercorn let out a sad sigh, his ears and tail drooping.

He thought this was where he belonged.
yet, he felt out of place here too. sure, he had no magic like them, but as a unicorn, and not a human.

" Giving up so soon ? "

Ubercorn's ears perked up, the moment he heard a voice.

he turned around, and looked up to see who could be talking to him.

it was a boy, a fellow first year. he had pale skin, his face decorated with freckles. amber-orange eyes, thick eyebrows, and messy deep brown hair.

" No-?! " Ubercorn said, wiping his face, to get rid of any tears that may have formed in his eyes. " Why would you think that?!"

" I dunno, it just seems like it. " The boy said, carelessly.

" I'd never give up-! I bet you're giving up!" Ubercorn retalliated.

" i wish. " The boy replied, sitting next to Ubercorn. " This place is a nightmare, but it's either here, or with my uncle, wearing chimney ears and fake moustashes."

Ubercorn giggled a little at this comment.

"you're funny." he said.

" others.. call me Grayson." the boy said. " Grayson Glitch. "

" I'm Ubercorn. " Ubercorn said in return.

Grayson held out his hand, for Ubercorn to shake. but Ubercorn looked at his hand, then back at Grayson's face, confused.

" what am i supposed to do?" Ubercorn asked, slightly embarrassed.

Grayson chuckled to himself.

" You shake it. like this."

Grayson took Ubercorn's hoof in his hand, giving it a light shake.

after watchisng Grayson's demonstration, Ubercorn began to shake back, his shakes strong, fast and violent, which caused poor Grayson to be shook to his core.

Grayson was quick to let go, his eyes small, and expression strange.

Ubercorn noticed, and looked down, ashamed.

"I'm sorry.." He said, sighing.

" You.. really know nothing, do you?" Grayson asked.

" everything is just so diffrent where i'm from..." Ubercorn said. " i'll never fit in here.."

"With that attitude, you sure won't. " Grayson said. " Luckily for you, i'm bored, and could use something to waste my time on."

" You'll.. help me?" Ubercorn asked, a glint of hope in his eyes.

"If that's what you want to call it.." Grayson said, sighing.

" does this mean.. we're friends?" Ubercorn asked.

" Let's stick with acquaintances for now." Grayson said.

But, this was only the beginning of something big.