Prologue and Disclaimer

Long ago in a town called Sleepy Hollow, all the locals were scared of the headless horseman; a Hessian soldier sent there by the British to fight in the war. His head was chopped of and now he rides at night and takes the head of anyone who dares to face him.

There were two major families that lived in this town: the Bones family and the Van Tassel family. The Van Tassel family had two daughters, one just turned thirteen and the other was already twenty. The Bones Family had one son who was also twenty years young. The two wealthiest families wanted to unite by marrying their kids. Everyone wanted this to happen except for the Van Tassel's daughter, Katrina. She was as beautiful as she was smart, with golden locks and quick wit, and the Bones' son, Brom, was as handsome as he was mean, with striking features and a nasty mind. Everyone knew that they were betrothed to one another, but Katrina was desperate to escape. In comes the new school teacher, just turned twenty five and awkward as could be, Ichabod Crane.

When Mr. Crane interrupts everyone's plans, the headless horseman comes out for blood, and thus The Legend of Sleepy Hollow was born.

Disclaimer: This story is a work of fiction. The characters are not originally mine, but I have added my own twist to it.
If this story sounds similar to one that is already out there then it is purely coincidental. This idea came to me in a dream. I hope you enjoy!