1 - merry christmas

it was the family's third day of staying in the cabin. so far they had decorated the place with flashing lights, home-made baubles and tinsel. they spent an entire day making it look somewhat prettier. 

brad, dusty, negan and sky had all gone to find tree decorations, in placement for the enormous woodland tree brad managed to cut down and explode himself with. they were expected to be out for a while.

however, back in the cabin, riley, sara, lex, marcus and kurt were all having a good time. a better time, you could say. lex was baking festive shaped cookies along with riley, meanwhile sara was cuddled up on the sofa with her kids, keeping them warm.

marcus and kurt were being the cute idiots they are and were drawing festive things to put up along the place and maybe even to give to people. dylan was in the middle of the two, giggling happily but also with confusion as the two made jokes to one another.

"everybody want hot chocolate?" lex called from the kitchen.

the crowd of positivity yelled back with a loud "yes please!" and continued their activites. with a proud smile, lex served up the steaming drinks and laid them onto a tray, where riley then took them out into the living room.

"here you go. one for you, one for you, and one for you."

riley handed each one out, until it came to the children, she put them on the side.

marcus took the mug and very shyly nudged upwards to kurt, who pretended not to pay attention with a smirk as he sipped his beverage. they all seemed satisfied and thanked lex. she smiled and continued to bake.

half an hour passed and the living room was covered in drawings (you could easily tell which ones where done by who), there were some crayon ones done by dylan, who looked super proud of himself.

the shaped cookies were laid out onto the dining table. there were all different shapes and sizes. some were snowmen and some were trees. sneakily, lex had taken a few.

riley returned to the kitchen to help her with tidying and washing the dishes. sara had managed to get up and tidy the rooms up a bit. kurt just laid back and watched the other silver haired male struggle to gather all the left over paper and colouring pencils.

a few moments later the rest of the family were coming through the door, panting and shivering. sky and negan were arm in arm, while brad was trying to cuddle dusty, which the other man did not appreciate. instead, he slipped away to the kitchen to find lex whistling to herself and cleaning still.

without warning, dusty wrapped his arms aroud her waist from behind and kissed her ear softly.

"good evening, love."

"oh, hello dusty." she smiled. "what did you all find?"

sky came into the room clutching what seemed to be a heavy bag. you could noticably see the large baubles and star for the top of the tree. lex studied the bag and when she was satisfied she nodded.

dusty gave her one last kiss before leaving the room to remove his snow covered jacket and shoes. brad was still shivering in the hallway, hat slipping from his head. dusty rolled his eyes and smacked it off of him, tossing it to one side.

negan settled in again, but removed nothing. he sat on the opposite sofa to kurt and raised an eyebrow at dylan who waved at him.

"you lot been okay in here?" sky asked, following negan's footsteps and then sitting down next to him.

"perfectly fine until you all came back." scoffed kurt in reply.

"oh piss off old man." negan grumbled back.