I knew that Sasaki-san would scold me, there was no way in avoiding it. He had told me many times that the Shinso household was a good place for me and that I would be safe there. Even when things were bad there, I would remember that I had Hitoshi by my side and it would all be okay. It was only his mother, Mihoko, who made it difficult for me and I had put up with it the entire time that I was there. But now I was unsure if what Hitoshi and I had was real, now I felt alone. And when Sasaki-san scolds me, I'll willing accept his words just as long as I can stay there, even if its only for the night. But for now, I don't want to be there nor do I even want to think about it.

-------------------------------------

The drive was silent, Sir Nighteye and myself not daring to say a word. It was obvious that he was pissed off by me being there and I felt guilty about it too. He was probably working and I stopped him, I felt bad that I was being a burden to him.

Arriving at his hero agency building, the two of us got out of the car and entered. I followed behind him, not wanting to get in his way. We didn't say a word, not even in the elevator as we were taken up to the floor where his office was. He was first to leave the elevator when it opened, his pace fast, forcing me to walk quickly in order to keep up.

Reaching the door to his office, he held it open for me, allowing me to enter first. I slowed down as I enter, taking a look around as I did. The walls were covered in All Might merchandise just like the last time I had been there, it was exactly how I had remembered it.

Sir Nighteye closed the door before approaching his desk and taking a seat behind it. He then gesture to a chair opposite his on the other side of his desk, his expression unreadable. I did as he told me and sat down, holding my own hand for support.

"Why are you out so late?" he asked, his tone without emotion. I shifted in my seat, refusing to look at him.

"I don't want to be there anymore," I answered truthfully, keeping my eyes on my lap. I didn't dare look at him, I didn't want to meet his gaze, afraid of what would happened next. Sir Nighteye remained silent for a moment, waiting to see if I would say anything else. But after a minute passed, he knew that no more would come out of my mouth without him asking questions.

"Is there a reason for that?" I was hesitant to answer but did so anyway, nodding my head as my grip on my own hand tightened.

"Yes."

"And what was that?" I took a few deep breaths, not wanting him to see me upset. I had cried a few times that night already and didn't plan on doing it again, especially in front of someone as important to me as Sasaki-san.

"I just don't want to be there," I answered, taking a quick glance up at him before looking back down. I wasn't sure how he felt about it at all, his facial expression not being of any use. But I could tell that he was annoyed by how I was avoiding his question.

"Tell me why you don't want to be there." Everything that happened earlier that night came to mind. All I wanted was water for my throat but instead... I received a pain much stronger. I felt like I had lost everything, Hitoshi and his family meaning so much to me despite how little they cared for me. His father was caring and despite his mother's dislike for me, they had given me so much and I was thankful for it all. Not only them but Hitoshi too. He was my closest friend and had been my only one for so long. We were alone together for a long time and the idea of losing him made me even more upset.

I wanted to speak and tell Sir exactly how I felt but the words wouldn't come out. Opening my mouth, I struggled to speak. The reason was right on the tip my tongue but I couldn't bring myself to say it, my emotions taking over once again. With eyes full of tears, I lifted my head and looked up Sir. My bottom lip quivered as tried to hold it all back, but I was failing.

"I... I..." That was all I could get out, my tears clouding my view of the man in front of me. And when I finally let them fall, like I had all those other time on this same night, I was able to properly see him. I don't think I had ever seen him look so conflicted. He looked angry but there was a mix of something else I couldn't read. I opened my mouth to try and speak again but failed, no sound coming out at all.

Sir Nighteye stood form his seat and walked around his desk to stand in front of me. Now I was fearful of what would happen next.

Was he angry at me?

I was an emotional wreck and he probably had a lot of work to get through, I was burden to him.

Would he tell me to get out and go back?

I didn't want that. If he threw me out then I wouldn't go back, I don't know where I'd go but the Shinso household no longer felt like a home.

He knelt before me, the proximity between us lessening as he drew closer. I knew he wouldn't hurt me but I was still scared, not knowing what was to come next. Out of fear, I clenched my eyes tightly shut, squeezing all of the tears out to run down my face. The I felt something, one hand on the back of my head and the other on my back. Before I knew it I was pulled into an embrace. He pulled me into his chest and held me close, allowing me to cry my heart out.

It was unexpected but just knowing that he was here for me, holding me like I meant something to him, warmed my heart and made me cry harder. Because even after it felt like I had lost everything, he was still here. I remembered him saying something like that during my Hero Care stay with him. I was upset about being alone and he had lightly hit me on the head before pulling me into a hug much like this one. He would hold me until I quietened down and stopped crying, saying;

"I will always be here, you will never be alone as long as I am here. Now stop crying and smile, I can't keep my composure when your upset."

I couldn't help but laugh, hearing him say the same thing he had said back then. Leaning even further into his arms, I wrapped both of my own around his neck to reciprocate the gesture.

We stayed in the same position for a while before he lifted me out of the chair and carried me over to a nearby couch, sitting me down on it. He then left for a moment, pulling blanket out of one of his many cupboards, coming back over to wrap me in it.

Sir sat beside me, pulling my blanket-clad self closer to him, allowing me to rest against his shoulder. We remained in silence before he asked me one more time.

"Tell me, at your own pace, why you don't want to be there."

And this time, I was calm and able to tell him everything I had heard about me. We talked for a long time and I am grateful that he listened to every word. Even when upsetting things came up, I felt more comfortable to speak about them. It was painful but also relieving, Sir being there to calm me down if it became too much.

It had been such a long time since I had seen him and I was happy. Out of all of the heroes I had come across in my time of Hero Care, Sir was one which I was closest with. I felt pained when I was separated from all of them, but being taken away from Sir was on another level.

I was thankful he was here with me right now and that he accepted me, comforting me with the side of him others never got to see. Sir was the father I always wished I had and I would've traded him for my own without a second thought.

Out of all of the people I had met over the years, Sir meant the most to me.

Sorry for the lack of updates but here you go! Got some more Sir Nighteye in there, btw I love him! And if you've read the manga or we're magically in the future where season four is completed, you know what's up. Also, you're welcome for all the hugging stuff. You deserve the hugs <3

Thank you for reading!