D-2

Sujeong was gracefully walking down the quiet aisle full of book shelves. As she walked through one of the section, she let her fingers glide along the books. She loves the earthy musty smell of books. It smelled like home and somehow it comforts her messed up mind.

As she neared her steps to the large crystal clear window, she looked outside. That time had finally arrived. The 5 years that she spent in the high school, now she's going to be experiencing it herself; the so-called Fleur Ball. It might sounded like a beautiful, full of pink glittery vibes with couples enjoying themselves while waltzing around the grand hall. 

But this ball unfortunately, it was never that. There was a twist to this annually traditional event of the school. That they need to wear a mask. And never reveal themselves to their partner that night. 

And yes, no one will have to invite a partner or accept an invitation to the ball. They will meet their fated partner during the ball, who will wear a mask with the same pattern as them.

If they broke the tradition, they'll have to face a consequence. Or in another word, a curse. A curse of losing one of their most treasured memory. Be it the memory of growing up or the memory that they shared with their friends and family. The memory with the one they love. 

They will somehow forget about it.

'But everything's going to be fine, isn't it? As long as I don't break that tradition.' she thought while smiling out of relief as she looked down; recognizing the girl who was gracefully waltzing around the school yard. As if the latter felt the gaze that had been stuck onto her, she looked up from where she's standing. Yein's eyes brightened up at the sight of Sujeong, who was hugging a few books in her arms, waving down at her with a smile decorating her face.

🌼🌼🌼

"Yaww, Kim Taehyung~!"

Hearing a cheerful loud voice greeting him, he turned his gaze onto the direction of the voice. There he saw Jungkook, walking towards him with proud can be seen in his footsteps.

As the latter took a seat besides him, "So, where were you from? And gosh, you smelled awful!" Taehyung took a hand to cover his scrunched up nose. While Jungkook being unbothered by his friend's statement, he stole some sips of Taehyung's lemonade while wiping of the beads of sweat formed on his forehead using the sleeve of his oversize gray hoodie.

"Urmm, just going here and there. Looking for h-her.." he replied, stuttering his words and followed with a tint of pink hued flush coloring the apple of his cheeks.

"And who are you referring to right now?" Taehyung narrowed his eyes as he questioned the suspicious but obvious young man.

"Urm.. you know.. O-our s-school's... M-miss Ballerina." Jungkook replied while playing with his fingers aimlessly and aiming his eyes onto the bare-dirty floor of the school's canteen.

"Aa, so you're saying that you were looking for the Jung Ye.. " before he could finish up his sentence, Jungkook was faster to cupped his mouth to shut.

"Yah!! Lower down, would ya? Don't embarrass me by announcing things like this to the whole school!!" he warned Taehyung after he pulled away his hands, which just made Taehyung to just shrug his shoulders.

Taehyung then looked at his surroundings. The fourth year students, who were in charged with the ball, could be seen rushing here and there with hands full of pink and white flowy laces, sparkling ornaments and much more to list.

"Huhh, what a dumb tradition. You'll be cursed if you reveal yourself? As if that will happen." Taehyung mumbled to himself, which he thought that he was talking in the most discreet whisper. But Jungkook have a sharp hearing you know, so he heard everything. Though his eyes were still busy wandering, searching for her, he still managed to hear what Taehyung was mumbling alone.

"So you don't believe in the tradition?" 

Hearing Jungkook's question just made Taehyung scoffed away. "Only those who are dumb enough would believe in such myth. No one would know if we reveal ourselves. And who will be the one to curse us? The old chairman? What a joke." he replied before finishing the last bit of his lunch.

🌼🌼🌼

10/10/2020

Hi guys! Long time no see! Yein here~

I'm sorry for being in silence for such a long time. I just had to take a break because I didn't know where my inspirations had gone, they just vanished like POOF~! hahah

I'm trying to proofread my stories and hoping to be on track again.

Stay healthy, guys!