AUDIO LOG #1.

kelsee sat down on her swivel chair in front of her computer set up, looking through her phone

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

kelsee sat down on her swivel chair in front of her computer set up, looking through her phone. she was looking for something, something to remind her of her father. she eventually stumbled upon what she called her 'audio logs', recordings of her voice about updates and important things she's seen or done, or even heard about. it depends really. she swiped up on the screen to scroll down, and boy did she have a bunch of audio logs. 

the first one, what was that like? she thought to herself before scrolling back up, her finger hovering over the first one she had ever made. she hesitantly pressed on it and pressed the play button, raising the volume up on her phone.

"hey, it's kelsee. i don't know what to say in this, but here goes nothing," the voice, her voice, on her phone begun to say.

"so, it's currently 3 AM and i'm in the hospital room," bits and pieces of her memory from the day she recorded that audio log began to flood back to her. she knew where this was going. it was after her father was attacked, after the merlaut job. she knew nothing about it at the time, but damien eventually told her. he knew she would keep her mouth shut about it, she didn't really have a lot of people to talk to about it anyway, not even her mother or brother. anger briefly coursed through her as she was recalling that morning, and she shut her eyes, trying to listen to the audio.

"it's been a week since those people, whoever they were, attacked my father. i remember i was doing a school project the night he was attacked, it was stressing me out and i didn't want to take a break, plus i was waiting for dad to get home to make sure he was okay," the school project, it was a history project. she wasn't that much of a history fan and she was stressing out because she didn't know if she was doing it right and if she got the right information. she always waited for her father to come home no matter what time it was at night, she wouldn't sleep until he was there, safe with her.

"the cops asked me questions, like if i thought he had some enemies, which i said 'i don't know', but who knows anymore. a doctor told me about his condition, and about his legs... poor dad. i don't know who did this, but once i do, they'll get what's coming to them. they hurt him, now i'm gonna get back at them somehow," she said with such determination. she remembered feeling as if a fire ignited within her, she felt angry, she felt vengeful. she was always the one to get back at someone if they messed with her or her family, always. she wouldn't give up until they got what they deserved. she knew it wasn't right, but that's something she refuses to give up.

"they messed with the wrong people." and that's when there was a short 'beep' and the audio log ended. kelsee put her phone down on the desk and opened her eyes, exhaling the breath she didn't even realize she was holding in the first place. she's come so far since then, and she lost her father. look at her now, hunting down aiden pearce, she was just an eighteen year old teenager trying to avenge her father's death. she went from a sweet girl to a broken, vengeful hacker who's willing to do anything to take down the vigilante.

kelsee brenks got up from her chair, deciding to take a break from everything and grabbed her phone, walking over to her room. she checked her clock and it was 9:18 PM, a small yawn leaving her lips. she climbed into her bed and pulled the sheets over her after putting her phone on the nightstand beside her bed, plugging in the charger. closing her eyes, she sighed and whispered to herself, "goodnight, dad." slowly drifting off into a peaceful slumber.

// i wanted an excuse to write something and post something here so, here. :)))

// completed writing on nov. 14, 2019 @ 9:56 PM.