I stared at Corbyn, trying to categorize that low tone of something like dejectedness that had colored his tone.

"She's actually here today, right behind the camera."

The interviewer grinned and looked over at me. "Y/n would you like to come up just for a minute?"

I flushed hotly, already hating the idea of interrupting their interview.

"C'mon, y/n," Jack called.

All of the boys started clamouring to wave me over and I groaned. I stood up and walked over. "Fine, if only to shut you up."

"Do we need an extra chair or-" the interviewer started.

"I think that's unnecessary." Corbyn looped his arms around my waist from the back and pulled me onto his lap. He propped his chin on my shoulder, mumbling so low that the mic couldn't pick it up, his breath brushing over my neck, "You look good today, y/n."

A shiver ran through my body, leaving me feeling hot and flustered.

"So I gather by the boys' reactions that they seem to like you a lot."

I smiled. "I sure hope so."

"How do you fit into the whole group dynamic?"

Zach piped up before I could answer, so full of energy and smiles that I almost giggled. "She comes over all the time and bakes these amazing brownies and she makes us dinner sometimes and comes on parts of tour and its like she's always there but she's never butting in and she's so funny and up for anything-"

Jack closed Zach's mouth (that's a first) for him as a smile broke out over my face.

"It's true. She just gets us," Jonah piped up. "She's super supportive and chill but also pumped if we want to do something wild."

A blush dripped into my pores and settled across my cheeks.

"She has interests in our interests. She's down to jam with us or go skateboarding with Jack or cook for us or just stay in and play video games, which is super cool." Daniel's smile was evident in his voice as I turned on Corbyn's lap to hide my flushed face in his shirt.

"She's also insanely talented, even though she doesn't like to admit it." Jack put in, only reddening my face more.

"She thinks none of us can hear her singing in the kitchen when she's cooking," Corbyn chuckled. "She's always singing our songs and dancing around and I swear its the cutest thing. And she does this thing when you catch her and its this little squeaky noise and she jumps about a foot in the air. She's also very easy to scare which is fun and-"

I cupped my hand over his mouth, blushing profusely. "I think that's enough compliments for one day."

Corbyn's lips hit my palm and I shrieked, nearly jumping off his lap in surprise. He just held me tighter.

I said goodbye and made to stand up but he pulled me tightly to his chest. My breath hitched as I recognized this pose. He'd done this exact thing the first time he'd cried in front of me, burying his face in my neck so I couldn't see him breaking down, holding me so tight that his shaking transmitted to my body. I could tell the boys knew too.

The abrupt change in mood affected everyone in the room, everybody suddenly focusing on us.

"Corbyn?" I started softly, placing my hands over his.

"Do we need to stop the interview?" Ryan asked kindly.

Jonah nodded, eyes still fixed on us. "I think maybe just for a couple of minutes while we figure this out."

"Corbs? What's wrong, bub?" I squeezed his hands, frowning at how cold they were. "Corbyn?"

Corbyn's body shook behind me. He clutched at my hands and I leaned my head against his. His breath was hot as he mumbled something into my neck.

"What? Corbs, how can we help you?"

He abruptly changed our position, turning me around in his lap before cupping my face and pressing our lips together. My eyes flew open before fluttering shut as I melted into him. His actions were rough but his lips and the kiss were soft, gentle.

"I'm sorry." His voice was hoarse and his lips brushed mine as he spoke. "I didn't-" he sighed deeply. "I love you so much and it just hit me that we could never be together and I'm sorry if this ruins everything but I just hope you don't hate me."

I shook my head slightly. "I could never hate you Corbs. I love you too much for that."

Corbyn kissed me again and all of the boys cheered.

***

Okay. So, the ending was rushed and it could've been so much better but here is this trash just because I have constant writer's block.